Westchester County Type II Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinblueline42

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere between Onteora and Ganienkeh, NY
Hello all,

I'm attempting to program someone's Motorola XTS5K for the Westchester County Type II Trunking System and I'm having a hell of a time. I usually only stick to doing 800 systems, but I thought I'd take a walk on the wild side. My issue is arising from the custom frequency tables and control channels. Does anyone here have the correct CPS channel assignments for this system? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Under the Channel Assignment Tab:

Rx Channel Ranges

Check Range 1 - 12.50 kHz spacing, start 470.0000, end 471.7375
Check Range 2 - 12.50 kHz spacing, start 476.0000, end 478.9875

Tx Channel Ranges

Check Range 1 - 12.50 kHz spacing, start 473.0000, end 474.7375
Check Range 2 - 12.50 kHz spacing, start 479.0000, end 481.9875

Make sure on the General tab you have it set to Type II and coverage Type as Smartzone.

Site Alias Tab, Site Alias Number 1 North Zone and Site 2 South Zone

On the OBT Control Channels, add all 8 from BOTH zones.

Don't forget to put all the talkgroups in channels 17 and higher so he cannot access them and affiliate unless authorized. Unless he wants an expensive brick. I'm assuming you know all the rest.

Let me know how that works for you.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Hi,

I am very similar with the Westchester County System.

May i ask what scanner and program your using?
I Programmed the Westchester County System into my BCT15X with FREEscan, i didn't relay program it in by hand, i just imported it directly from the RR Database. took about 10 seconds to program everything in because it did it automatically.
But if you rather program it in by hand follow Signal-Zero's post.

Let us know what happens. Always happy to help. :)
-Nick

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
He's not programming a scanner. He's programming a Motorola subscriber using CPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC2GSP

I don't quite imagine it's for a subscriber but rather someone who just wants to monitor the system using an XTS rather than a scanner.. can't blame them either, the audio on the XTS is probably 1000x better than a scanner. If you have any luck, please post your findings. I'd gladly pay someone to program that up for me to scan their talk groups too

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
And don't forget to change the radio ID as they have any radio programmed with ID 1 stunned, and as of right now no ID above about 60000.
My personal opinion is that a XTS-3K would be better as you can listen to any talk-group individually but you cannot on the 5K unless you set up a LOT of scan groups, and it will not try to affiliate when programmed non-Smartnet (wide area works fine), plus you can put wrong TX frequencies in the channel plan. That doesn't mean you can't put wrong frequencies in the XTS-5K to help prevent affiliation.

Last edited:

thinblueline42

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere between Onteora and Ganienkeh, NY
Thanks for the responses guys. Sadly, my customer ended up backing out so I will not be able to post an update. I was curious to see how the outcome would be.

"And don't forget to change the radio ID as they have any radio programmed with ID 1 stunned, and as of right now no ID above about 60000.
My personal opinion is that a XTS-3K would be better as you can listen to any talk-group individually but you cannot on the 5K unless you set up a LOT of scan groups, and it will not try to affiliate when programmed non-Smartnet (wide area works fine), plus you can put wrong TX frequencies in the channel plan. That doesn't mean you can't put wrong frequencies in the XTS-5K to help prevent affiliation."

I have lots of experience in programming the 800 systems for non-affiliate scan, so I know all about LOTS of scan lists and personalities out the you know what!

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Fortunately the XTS-5K does have quite a few scan lists, so unless you want over I think 100 you can do it that method. The nice thing about OBT is you can input bogus TX freqs in the channel plan to prevent affiliation. On 700/800 you can't or I guess you can if you modify the band plan settings. Never tried it that way.

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I'm attempting to program someone's Motorola XTS5K for the Westchester County Type II Trunking System and I'm having a hell of a time. I usually only stick to doing 800 systems, but I thought I'd take a walk on the wild side. My issue is arising from the custom frequency tables and control channels. Does anyone here have the correct CPS channel assignments for this system? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lol, I have a guy right now CONSTANTLY emailing and texting me about getting his XTS5K programed asap for this exact system. Literally won't leave me alone about it lol. God forbid I don't respond within 5 mins, I get blasted with messages. wonder if its the same dude haha

Status
Not open for further replies.