westchester trunked system cross band repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrock71984

Premium Subscriber
here is a current list of x band repeaters if anyone has any more to list please feel free

low band cross band channels

fire 10 46.04
fire 13 45.72
fire 15 46.02
fire 15 45.62
fire 16 46.20
fire 16 46.22
fire 17 45.82

uhf cross band

fire 10 460.3250
fire 17 453.3250

k2ns

CROSS BAND

Which way are they cross banded ??? You transmit on 46.04 and it gets retransmitted on fire 10 on the trunk system, OR, you transmit on fire 10 on the trunk system and the transmission appears on 46.04 ??????

RON

scandude43

Premium Subscriber
linked trunking

the way it works is it is a one way link you are not broadcasting into the trunking system. the desired talk group is retransmitted to a non trunked freq such as fire 10 to its own uhf freq. it is receive only and
my understanding that only chatter on that talk group is heard. you cannot get into the other side without an authorized id much like a cell phone same principal really

jrock71984

Premium Subscriber
the way it works is it is a one way link you are not broadcasting into the trunking system. the desired talk group is retransmitted to a non trunked freq such as fire 10 to its own uhf freq. it is receive only and
my understanding that only chatter on that talk group is heard. you cannot get into the other side without an authorized id much like a cell phone same principal really

all repeaters are one way

D

DaveNF2G

Technically, a one-way device is not a repeater. It is a translator. :)

D

DaveNF2G

Simulcasting might or might not involve translators. A simulcast is a mode of operation, not a device.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
In a simulcast system ALL the transmitters in the system transmit the same thing on the SAME frequency at the same time. Each transmitters frequency and audio are held to tight tolerances. The received audio to be transmitted can come from remote receiver or repeaters. The audio from each receiver is fed to a comparator (voter) and the best audio from all the sites is then sent to each transmitter. There are several variations of the design but the principle is the same. Hope that helps.
BB

jrock71984

Premium Subscriber
In a simulcast system ALL the transmitters in the system transmit the same thing on the SAME frequency at the same time. Each transmitters frequency and audio are held to tight tolerances. The received audio to be transmitted can come from remote receiver or repeaters. The audio from each receiver is fed to a comparator (voter) and the best audio from all the sites is then sent to each transmitter. There are several variations of the design but the principle is the same. Hope that helps.
BB

yes it does thank you

D

DaveNF2G

That is true of a single-band short range simulcast system. Simulcasting can be done on any combination of bands or frequencies. The basic definition is that the same traffic is being sent over multiple transmitters at the same time. They don't have to be close in frequency or physical separation.

KC2GSP

It's a shame that there aren't more simulcasts of the Westchester trunked system. I enjoy monitoring them via my commercial equipment since the system has such robust audio and signal strength throughout the county and it's a very professional sounding operation. Luckily the departments that cover my home area have links to Fire 10 / Fire 17 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.