Western KY Live Scanner Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CincyKid

I have been listening to the first one for a short time. This seems to take in a very large geographic area. Approximately where is the receiver that is picking these up located and what kind of antenna/tower is being used? Thanks for making this feed available.

pddispatcher

Has to be one of the best sounding feeds I have ever heard...

Great range and excellent sound w/ supurb video.

spooney

I have been listening to the first one for a short time. This seems to take in a very large geographic area. Approximately where is the receiver that is picking these up located and what kind of antenna/tower is being used? Thanks for making this feed available.

Equipment: BCD996T Scanner connected to Stridsberg Active Multi-Coupler. Antenna is a Par Mon-3
(http://www.parelectronics.com/ant_scanner.htm) on top of a 60 ft tower. Under normal conditions i'd say i cover approx 50-60 mile radius.

mastr

That feed has the potential to save me a lot of time, thanks. Do you have 453.300 in there?

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
I don't think 453.3000 is used by KSP in my area. What are you trying to monitor?

KSP is using this as a "mobile" frequency in simplex, digital mode and KY Motor Vehicle Enforcement is using it to communicate back to thier EOC in Frankfort (PL 162.2)

spooney

Can you post details on how you got it sounding so crisp perfect sounding?

Reception and signal strength makes all the difference. Antenna, antenna, antenna. The PAR MON-3 was designed for wide-band coverage and the engineers also worked out ways to defeat interference. Coupled to a Stridsberg Active Multi-Coupler to boost signals my BCD996T out performs any scanner I have ever owned. Of course antenna height plays a BIG role in all this and the 60 foot tower with rotor allows me to position the antenna for optimum performance.

pddispatcher

I mean cables connecting to the computer and all that.

Everytime I try I have a big hum or something in my sound.

spooney

I mean cables connecting to the computer and all that.

Everytime I try I have a big hum or something in my sound.

The scanner is free standing with only an external speaker connected. I have a microphone sitting in front of the speaker and the web-cam. The only sound problem issue I experienced was an echo on the broadcast. The "WAVE" in volume controls was causing it and when I checked the mute box for that feature which turned it off it corrected the problem. How are you hooking it up to your computer? Are you using amplified external speakers?

CincyKid

There are considerable replies coming in on this topic and it's very justified because of the work that Spooney has done to pick up all of these agencies and then make them available to us. Based on the equipment being used and the location of the antenna and receiver, I wonder if agencies could be heard from Illinois and Missouri as well?

spooney

There are considerable replies coming in on this topic and it's very justified because of the work that Spooney has done to pick up all of these agencies and then make them available to us. Based on the equipment being used and the location of the antenna and receiver, I wonder if agencies could be heard from Illinois and Missouri as well?

I think an 80 mile radius is my limit. Missouri is too far, but S.E. Illinois is possible.

jerk

I think an 80 mile radius is my limit. Missouri is too far, but S.E. Illinois is possible.

How about Ft Knox trunked system? Just wondering if you have reception, probably not a good idea for a (regular) feed.

Update: Just saw the search live. Too cool.
But guess not. I'll have to send you some active UHF mil-air frequencies.

Last edited:

spooney

How about Ft Knox trunked system? Just wondering if you have reception, probably not a good idea for a (regular) feed.

Update: Just saw the search live. Too cool.
But guess not. I'll have to send you some active UHF mil-air frequencies.

I just scanned the 385-390 band and didn't hear anything.

jerk

I just scanned the 385-390 band and didn't hear anything.

Bummer, A quick tip, when I search like that I enable Control Channel only, then it gets the Motorolas and LTR's without stopping on noise or "birdies."

My search for 380-400 is preset, so I can get the changing CC's

Status
Not open for further replies.