Western PA 155.4300??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeduke711

repeater?

Ive been scanning for 5 years but never really understood the terms......

so whats a repeater?

also heard of car repeater....whats that?

thanks

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ive been scanning for 5 years but never really understood the terms......

so whats a repeater?

also heard of car repeater....whats that?

thanks

A repeater takes the transmissions of the agency's radios and rebroadcasts them on a separate frequency from a more ideal location (top of a tall building, mountaintop, tall tower, etc).

For instance, you may have a local business repeater on 464.65. This is the "output" frequency. The repeater would listen on some other frequency (on UHF, that would be 5 mhz higher or 469.65) and would rebroadcast what it hears on 464.65. The agency radios would do the opposite - they would listen on 464.65 and transmit on 469.65.

This allows range to be extended by allowing the agency's radios to have their transmissions rebroadcast from the location of the repeater, which is typically in a more ideal geographical location for better coverage.

Check the RR Wiki - http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Repeater . It's full of a wealth of information :)

Mike

talviar

I don't listen to Monroeville so I'm not sure - but the RRDB lists 155.43 as a simplex base/mobile frequency, not a repeater.

mike

Most area lists show it as a simplex base/mobile freq.. . . . have input for the Monroeville PD as 155.970. Years of monitoring it shows it is a repeater system.

After 5 years of monitoring 155.430 at Fayette County 911 on our consoles, I was very glad to have Brownsville PD switch from 155.430 to 155.19 to get away from Monroeville's repeater output and all the traffic.

Tony

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
He could also be hearing Indiana Boro PD repeater.

Frank

bauker

Or...

if it is only heard during band openings, it could be Lancaster County's Metro PD repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.