Western & Southern Open info - Mason, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Hello from Illinois!

I'll be in Mason in a few weeks for the Western & Southern Open tennis tournament and wondered if anyone had any info on frequencies in use. I know everything public safety is on MARCS, that much is pretty obvious. Last year I saw tournament officials with Motorola DMR portables and I have reason enough to believe that they're using DMR as opposed to analog, but I can't 100% confirm. Parking personnel also have radios but not sure the type. Database doesn't show anything, and every FCC license search I can think of that would be relevant has gotten me nowhere. Will try to get any information I can while there, but information from someone in the area would be much appreciated!

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I believe they use rental radios so what frequency they use may not be licensed to the tennis center but to the company they rent the radios from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Probably renting from MobilCom, maybe P&R so more than likely they'll be low powered simplex UHF DMR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Ah ok, didn't think about the rental route, but that makes sense. At least now I've got somewhere to start looking. Thanks for both your quick responses, appreciate it!

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Also program in the XLECOMM talkgroups along with Warren County 83 TAC talkgroups on MARCS-IP, there should be activity there too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
After 2 days of running my 396XT in close call mode, here's what I found:

464.5625 754DPL - parking
461.3375 412DPL - parking, sounded like in use for the lots closest to the facility
461.3625 654DPL
466.0375 654DPL - sounded like a TV production operation, constant carrier, mentions of IFB
464.700 - DMR traffic, probably marshals/officials. Can't confirm, didn't have a digital radio with me. I would guess encrypted, but again, can't confirm.

Be back next year to figure more of it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.