Western Wayne County on MPSCS reception issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8blu1

Ive been able to monitor without any issue for years until the last few weeks. Has anyone else had any problems as of recent while monitoring this system? Over here signal just drops out of no where and the "DAT" starts to blink as if the signal is not strong enough but still receives full signal bars. I am using a BCD396XT and have never had anything like this happen before as its been a pretty reliable scanner. Ive messed with the squelch and that seems to be a temporary fix? Any idea if the towers or system received some updates? Any info helps. Thanks

smithken

Premium Subscriber
If you're monitoring the Wayne County Simulcast then I would suspect a simulcast issue, the site you were receiving maybe offline and now you're having simulcast issues. When I have trouble with Wayne County Simulcast I switch over to Northville, anything I want to listen to is on both sites and Northville is not simulcast.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
People will be saying to buy the sds models for simulcast reception, but you say it was working before.
From my FAQ's on my website, FAQ’s See tips, 7, 8,11 and 13, strange it seems these connectors get dirty!

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
I can attest to the connectors getting dirty. Many moons ago Ronaldski pointed me to that very same page and cleaning the antenna connection did make a difference.

Having said that, I have recently come out of a radio hiatus and just this week noticed that I can get Northville no problem and I get Washtenaw Simulcast reasonable well, but nary a thing on Wayne's simulcast right now. I chalked it up to redoing and updating my scanner and bungling something up, but I'm not sure yet. I commute daily from 94 and 23 to 275 and AA road, so I should be getting those 3 "towers" fairly regularly but again, my "Wayne Simulcast" site just hasn't popped up. I'm still assuming its something I did, but I wanted to chime in that Ronaldski's list of tips was helpful to me.

a29zuk

I see the Wayne County Simulcast has 1 main control channel and 2 alternates. Do have all three programmed in your scanner or just the main?

A few years ago the Holly tower switched to one of their alternate frequencies for a few months. I didn't have the alternates programmed and my scanner was silent. After a few days of some digging I figured it out and added the alternates.

Good luck. I hope it's something this simple.

Jim

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I'm having no trouble with Wayne County Simulcast on their main control channel in the Joy Rd-Inkster Rd area.

Status
Not open for further replies.