Western Wayne to MPSCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsrepellant

I was programming a scanner and noticed an update to the Western Wayne system will be moving to MPSCS early 2014. Has there been any further discussion on this topic? I have searched a little and did not find any info.

nsrailfan6130

They are supposed to be as their present TRS is approaching (If it hasn't already arrived) at the end of it's lifespan. The best I can tell you is they should be cutting over (Don't take this as gospel) 2Q of 2014 at the latest.

Last edited:

szron

Most recent info was late Januray, might be delayed a little bit for hardware purchases.

I'll try to post to this thread with anything new that I'll find out about.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Most recent info was late Januray, might be delayed a little bit for hardware purchases.

I'll try to post to this thread with anything new that I'll find out about.

szron,

If you have the ability to get a more precise timeframe I would greatly appreciate it. I am the one who streams the West Wayne TRS and will need to reprogram my equipment when they switch over to MPSCS. A heads up would be benifical to me instead of just one day my stream goes silent.

Also do you have any info on if MPSCS will be using the West Wayne tower as their own and create a new site or will they be using the West Wayne Simulcast (with more towers) or some other means?

Thanks!

szron

szron,

If you have the ability to get a more precise timeframe I would greatly appreciate it. I am the one who streams the West Wayne TRS and will need to reprogram my equipment when they switch over to MPSCS. A heads up would be benifical to me instead of just one day my stream goes silent.

Also do you have any info on if MPSCS will be using the West Wayne tower as their own and create a new site or will they be using the West Wayne Simulcast (with more towers) or some other means?

Thanks!

If I get a timeframe I'll let you know asap.

And regarding your second question read this (supplied to me generously by Thunderbolt).
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=19285704&attachmentInd=applAttach

No info on usage of the Westland Site but some freqs will be reused in Wayne Co Simulcast.

I would speculate that if frequencies will be reused then eventual adding of Westland tower to MPSCS would be as an additional Wayne Co Simulcast tower and not a standalone site.

Status
Not open for further replies.