Westfield First Aid Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

Tony, I got 91.5 for the PL. Don't know if that's right because I missed the call but I'll be monitoring and will let you know.

TonyS

Disregard that 91.5 Tony. I just heard their pageout and that's for Pequannock Township. Still monitoring.........

TonyS

BTW, does anyone know if WFAS does any radio/pager tests? I haven't heard anything from them all this time yet. Do they get paged out another freq and this is just for radio<>WPD dispatch comms?

n2kkz

Premium Subscriber
Pagers used to be on 155.175 pl 77.0. No voice, tones only. Members would call in by phone to get details of the call when their pagers were activated. It was a Maxtrac mounted in the building with a VHF station master on the roof.

TonyS

Thanks Glenn. I checked with the FCC records and they do list 453.025 as a valid freq for them. I've been monitoring for days now and I can't believe I haven't heard a single page out for Westfield VRS.

TonyS

Tony, I found an old post from 2009 by member "Boss" where he states "Westfield Rescue Squad get paged out on 155.175 PL 77.0 tones only no voice. They operated on the PD. freq. 470.5375 PL 162.2 Cen-Com dispatches for several towns for EMS ( BLS) in Union County. "

Now I don't know if this is still the case but after monitoring 453.025 for days and not hearing anything I'm starting to think he's right.

n2kkz

Premium Subscriber
That last post is exactly how we were dispatched when I volunteered there about 15 years ago. I remember when they applied for 453.025. The idea was to put up our own repeater for an "operations" frequency but the idea never got off the ground. I guess they just keep renewing the license.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
It's still tones only, no voice. Operations on PD channel. But you'll rarely hear them speak much except going 10-8 and 10-23.

Status
Not open for further replies.