Westmoreland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I’m being told and hearing different audio sounds from Westmorland County fire as they have seemed to have switched over to a new radio system. Anyone have any information on this system? I’m listening to the UHF dispatch frequency and it seems different.

dtscho

Database Admin
Are you referring to 453.7125 and/or 453.8000? What are you seeing on the scanner? What are you hearing? Does it sound digital? I’m trying to monitor, but I might be out of range.

Thanks,
Dave

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
It’s not the typical sounds I’m used to hearing from when they were primarily using UHF, but yes I am listening to 453.800 and ect. and its different. It sounds like its digital to be honest. They have all new mobiles and potables installed (Motorola APX800XE’s all bands. Interesting ………….

dtscho

Database Admin
If it’s digital, it must be P25, since those radios don’t support DMR. Are you able to get a NAC for 453.8000 and/or other frequencies? Thanks.

Dave

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but you can call me stupid if you would like but a “NAC”? I do know its P25, possibly a UHF P25 upgrade system? Not sure …… I just watched someone key up a radio in their station and it did not give that key up Motorola bubbly sounds like most 700/800 systems do if you know what I am talking about. This has me curious especially when the members of this department do not even have a clue.

dtscho

Database Admin
OK, that's the existing CTCSS for the fire frequencies. Maybe one of the fire frequencies remains analog (for paging?) and the rest were converted to digital? I guess we'll have to keep listening. I should be able to receive Westmoreland when there is ducting.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.