Westshore dispatch help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFAndy

I have a BC396Xt and Im trying to listen to Westshore Region Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference westshore region regional fire channel 453.30000 KNEE654 RM 192.8 PL WCDC STATION Westshore Central Dispatch Center - Station Alerting

my problem is i hear the dispatch fine but every time before a transmission come through it sounds like someone keys up a mic and lets go a few time (maybe its the alerting im hearing) then dispatch comes on. Im not hearing tones just static like a mic is keyed up quickly. I dont know how to explain this better. My question is what setting do i need to change to hear the tones insted of the static before dispatch comes on?

FFAndy

i did a little reading and its a Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System (CTCSS) tone for this frequency. anyway i can hear the actual tone and not just the squelch noise i hear before dispatch comes on?

kf8yk

I have a BC396Xt and Im trying to listen to Westshore Region Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference westshore region regional fire channel 453.30000

my problem is i hear the dispatch fine but every time before a transmission come through it sounds like someone keys up a mic and lets go a few time

Westcom uses the Zetron Model 6/26 fire station alerting system (Zetron Products - Model 26 Fire Station Alerting) The noise you are hearing is the burst of 1200 Hz/1800 Hz modem tones generated by this system that control the fire station receivers. Since CTCSS is transmitted for both data and voice there is no way for your scanner to filter out the data bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.