Wethersfield, Ct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Hearing nothing on the Phase II system or the previous trunked system. It’s been reported the old 460 MHz conventional repeater system can be heard, at least the FD comms.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Hearing nothing on the Phase II system or the previous trunked system. It’s been reported the old 460 MHz conventional repeater system can be heard, at least the FD comms.
[/QUOTE

Yes the UHF is a simulcast for the pagers, you can hear operations and dispatch. I just heard them dispatch the ambulance to a medical on talkgroup 301 approximately 04:36 hours.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Yes. It appears to be working now. But it was down for at least a couple of days according to another person who monitors religiously. Alls well that ends well!

i monitor the system daily. When did it supposedly go down? Because I don't recall it going down at all.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
i monitor the system daily. When did it supposedly go down? Because I don't recall it going down at all.
Today is the first day I have heard anything on Wethersfield. So, Thursday and Friday? I’ve got Wethersfield programmed twice in my scanner, one is listed simply as Motorola and the other is listed as P25. It’s the P25 system I refer to here. (It seems the P25 system was an upgrade of a previous trunked Motorola system? Where the P25 system uses the same frequencies as the Motorola system?)

WA1QWH

Today is the first day I have heard anything on Wethersfield. So, Thursday and Friday? I’ve got Wethersfield programmed twice in my scanner, one is listed simply as Motorola and the other is listed as P25. It’s the P25 system I refer to here. (It seems the P25 system was an upgrade of a previous trunked Motorola system? Where the P25 system uses the same frequencies as the Motorola system?)

Wethersfield has been up this whole time, do you live so far away that if one of the tower sites was down you might not receive it? Those of us who live in town or close haven't had any trouble.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Wethersfield has been up this whole time, do you live so far away that if one of the tower sites was down you might not receive it? Those of us who live in town or close haven't had any trouble.
I am not the one who questioned the system. Rather a friend who lives in Wethersfield had asked me if I could help him determine why HE was not hearing anything. And since I programmed both his and my SDS100 radios (programmed with the same auto download from RR-his a duplicate copy of mine), I listened for EMS, Fire and Police and also heard nothing. I’ve never had a problem hearing Wethersfield even though I am in Farmington. I realize that’s not conclusive so I reached out to the Ct Forums page here. As for not receiving a particular site, RR lists only one site. However, there was one change done to the system... they added another TG or channel to Public Works, I believe on 9/4... maybe the techs did something inadvertently with that add? Don’t know. But as I say, everything seems to work today. I have since notified my Wethersfield friend of your appreciated assistance, told him what you have provided, avoided EMS and Police on my scanner (I only listen to Fire), and returned to normal operation on my end. If you have not experienced the same, I can only conclude my friend had locked out Wethersfield. A very real possibility as he is blind. (I hesitated to mention that up front out of respect to his being handicapped. He has worked hard to master the SDS100, at least to the degree any sightless person can expect, with my help. And his opinion regarding his handicap is one of “Nothing is impossible“. We used every trick in the book... and it’s still a work in progress. The SDS100 isn’t the best radio for him but the challenge was part of the game. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and deliberately omitted his handicap. What reinforced this omission was the fact he also has a BCD996P2 that hears Wethersfield, and he hadn’t heard anything on that radio either.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.