Wethersfield Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1QWH

Does anyone know what radio system the Wethersfield school systems use? They have talk groups on the townwide system, but never use them.

I was told at one point that they might be using Marcus repeaters. Does anyone know which one?

When I maintained the phone systems in all of the schools there, I heard them on my 396XT.

These are the 4 frequencies I had programmed:

That was about 5 years ago, so don't know whether they are still in use.

I think they were Radius radios.

Not very interesting to monitor, so you're not missing much.

Good luck.

WA1QWH

When I maintained the phone systems in all of the schools there, I heard them on my 396XT.

These are the 4 frequencies I had programmed:

That was about 5 years ago, so don't know whether they are still in use.

I think they were Radius radios.

Not very interesting to monitor, so you're not missing much.

Good luck.
I just put them in, let's see what happens.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
I just put them in, let's see what happens.

I could be wrong. They had one issued portable from the town to the superintendent. I've heard rumors that they are on DMR. But i couldnt tell you what band. i can do some digging/asking around d see what i come up with. I highly doubt their conversations will be all the time,

Right.

You'll hear such riveting conversations as, "Timmy's mom is here with his lunch" and

"There's a dog loose in the D starwell".😀

Edit:

I should remind you that they are extremely low power, so you won't hear them very far away.

You might try monitoring the town system.

Last edited:

WA1QWH

I could be wrong. They had one issued portable from the town to the superintendent. I've heard rumors that they are on DMR. But i couldnt tell you what band. i can do some digging/asking around d see what i come up with. I highly doubt their conversations will be all the time,

I got nothing on the freqs doctordialtone suggested. I did hear either the superintendent or the Hanmer principal alert dispatch on the town Emergency channel that they were evacuating, for that "odor of gas" call this morning.

Since they have no other freqs licensed, I have to assume they're leasing radios and spectrum on somebody's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.