Weymouth FD tait radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
hello,

I heard that Weymouth Fire is using radios made by the company Tait Communications. I have never heard of them. I also heard that these radios may be P25 radios. Is anyone using P25 in the Weymouth area?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Just because the radios have P25 capability does not mean that any p25 will be used. Most new commercial radios have the capability built in.

Markinsac

If any Federal funding is used for radios, most agencies are required to get P25-enabled radios. They may not need P25 immediately, but it could be needed later. Makes sense to buy the radios now rather than have to replace them again in order to go P25. Some systems have both analog and digital talkgroups, and being able to use the P25 groups would require the radio have it unless they use simultaneous groups for the two types.

kennyblues

If I remember correctly, when Dover fire was setting up their new 483.0500 UHF repeater there was some P-25 testing being done during the testing.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
I have heard that Canton fire is also switching their portables from Motorola to Tait radios, with the possibility of moving to p25 in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.