WFD on NCC EMS OPS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Good evening,

I just picked up WFD on NCC EMS OP2 4144 on a working fire in Wilmington. At the same time, they were dispatched for another call in Wilmington. Does anyone know if Fireboard is now dispatching for WFD or if the site for Wilmington is down?

Thank you,

Adam

jwhite591

The Comunication Guy
Ncc Fire board Dispatches all fire and Ems for all of New Castle County and City of Wilmington. there are Separate sets of talk groups for the County Fire departments and the City Department (WFD), however both can talk to the other when needed.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
My guess would be that ems units from the county were called in to the city for mutual aid that did not have Wilmington channels directly programmed into their radios and a patch was put up temporarily.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
My guess would be that ems units from the county were called in to the city for mutual aid that did not have Wilmington channels directly programmed into their radios and a patch was put up temporarily.

Thanks for the clarification. I've heard the patches when NCC fire units go into Cecil and Delaware counties for mutual aid, but I've never seen it on the EMS side.

Status
Not open for further replies.