Wha happen??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSDRO

My 396 used to display the talkgroup name, it now only displays the talkgroup number in both search and scan modes.

What did I change?

duckbird

SCSDRO said:
My 396 used to display the talkgroup name, it now only displays the talkgroup number in both search and scan modes.

What did I change?

When the scanner stops on a trunked transmission, press HOLD then press and hold the FUNC button. While your pressing the Func button, press the 5 button on the keypad

SCSDRO

Thank you, Duckbird. That did the trick.

Am I to assume I can toggle it back to displaying only TG numbers via the same procedure?

ampulman

The [function-5] key combo toggles the talk groups between name and number; also, on conventional groups, toggles between name and frequency.

Yes, it is reversible.

Ampulman

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I have a recent, similar problem. I have two or three Moto Type II TRS programmed with TGIDs and Alpha lables, and last week I realized that on one of the systems, the Fn+5 is not causing the toggle (it works on the other systems). Its almost like there is some other higher priority setting that has it Locked in TGID mode. Any ideas? I did a quick check of owners manual with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.