What a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Did I say SCAM? This blasphemy shows up every once in a while. Beware of deals that appear to be "too good."

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Well we were about due guys. Poster tell us you didn't send money? Please tell us you know this is a scam, judging by your LOL face I think you do know.

These kinds of threads come up on a regular basis for quite a while now but the last one I remember the person actually sent money which was amazing. A package was sent, he followed its movements. By the time we told him what a scam it was he was resigned to the fact he lost his money but was excited to see what was going to come anyway... It was a plastic whistle.

bubbablitz

No money, just a little humor. I remember a few months back when someone posted that they actually sent these scammers money. It was $99 back then, obviously they’re running a clearance sale. Probably originating out of Nigeria. 😊

Phicks9192

Amen to that Bearcatrp. Actually that deal would be
$1,500 with a $1,400 govt rebate check that everyone else on this forum subsidizes.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION

We Are Not Responsible If Information Made Available On This Site Is Not Accurate, Complete Or Current. The Material On This Site Is Provided For General Information Only And Should Not Be Relied Upon Or Used As The Sole Basis For Making Decisions Without Consulting Primary, More Accurate, More Complete Or More Timely Sources Of Information. Any Reliance On The Material On This Site Is At Your Own Risk.

This Site May Contain Certain Historical Information. Historical Information, Necessarily, Is Not Current And Is Provided For Your Reference Only. We Reserve The Right To Modify The Contents Of This Site At Any Time, But We Have No Obligation To Update Any Information On Our Site. You Agree That It Is Your Responsibility To Monitor Changes To Our Site.

SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES

Prices For Our Products Are Subject To Change Without Notice.

We Reserve The Right At Any Time To Modify Or Discontinue The Service (Or Any Part Or Content Thereof) Without Notice At Any Time.

We Shall Not Be Liable To You Or To Any Third-Party For Any Modification, Price Change, Suspension Or Discontinuance Of The Service.

SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (If Applicable)

Certain Products Or Services May Be Available Exclusively Online Through The Website. These Products Or Services May Have Limited Quantities And Are Subject To Return Or Exchange Only According To Our Return Policy.

We Have Made Every Effort To Display As Accurately As Possible The Colors And Images Of Our Products That Appear At The Store. We Cannot Guarantee That Your Computer Monitor's Display Of Any Color Will Be Accurate.

We Reserve The Right But Are Not Obligated, To Limit The Sales Of Our Products Or Services To Any Person, Geographic Region Or Jurisdiction. We May Exercise This Right On A Case-By-Case Basis. We Reserve The Right To Limit The Quantities Of Any Products Or Services That We Offer. All Descriptions Of Products Or Product Pricing Are Subject To Change At Any Time Without Notice, At The Sole Discretion Of Us. We Reserve The Right To Discontinue Any Product At Any Time. Any Offer For Any Product Or Service Made On This Site Is Void Where Prohibited.

We Do Not Warrant That The Quality Of Any Products, Services, Information, Or Other Material Purchased Or Obtained By You Will Meet Your Expectations, Or That Any Errors In The Service Will Be Corrected.

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Did I say SCAM? This blasphemy shows up every once in a while. Beware of deals that appear to be "too good."

Lets see, Scanner Master sells the SDS 200 for $699.99. You are looking at a website that is selling the same scanner
for $70.58 and you don't go DUH! before you press the add to cart button

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep I'm pretty sure Bubba knows it's a scam LOL. It is interesting though that people have sent money. It always amazes me when they do.

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
Yep I'm pretty sure Bubba knows it's a scam LOL. It is interesting though that people have sent money. It always amazes me when they do.

Oh ya, I new that Bubba knew that it was for sure a scam. I was kind of addressing the people who were hovering their
finger over the add to cart button

NC1

Website is only 2 months old. I just got run on a somewhat similar scam site like that and am still waiting to get it all sorted out. They will give you a valid tracking number and it will get delivered to an address in your town - which is why this scam works so well. I have talked to UPS and they actually gave me the address the package was addressed to, which was not mine. The woman at UPS said they have been flooded in the last 2 months with this exact same scenario and they don't know how the scammers are getting valid tracking numbers that are going to your town, but they are on it. Luckily I didn't buy a pricey item, which was only about 15% less than the same item on sale. If I'm out $20 it's no big deal, but I do hate thieves.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Website is only 2 months old. I just got run on a somewhat similar scam site like that and am still waiting to get it all sorted out. They will give you a valid tracking number and it will get delivered to an address in your town - which is why this scam works so well. I have talked to UPS and they actually gave me the address the package was addressed to, which was not mine. The woman at UPS said they have been flooded in the last 2 months with this exact same scenario and they don't know how the scammers are getting valid tracking numbers that are going to your town, but they are on it. Luckily I didn't buy a pricey item, which was only about 15% less than the same item on sale. If I'm out $20 it's no big deal, but I do hate thieves.
The case I described above in Post 6 was the last thread on this topic where somebody paid $99 for a sds200. He was quickly told by everybody what a scam this was but he had a tracking number and a package was indeed on the way. We waited for delivery as a group... the poster was actually excited as to what was coming and as I said. It was a plastic whistle...

So I guess that is helping with the scam that a product is being delivered. I guess when disputing it with PayPal or your credit card company you are nothing more than just a dissatisfied customer where the product was not as advertised LOL.

All the credit card does is attempt to contact the vendor with the information they have provided and of course if they can't get a hold of them in 45 days they just write it off and refund your money. In cases like this they usually do it immediately as the crooks have established a pattern and made their getaway by then.

Fortunately the credit card companies are not judgmental about the consumers actions, they just refund the money. ;)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep... It is also easy to dispute a charge with your credit card company. Initially a phone call will stop payment but you have to put it in writing by filling out the questionnaires that they send you in the mail with details.

It's one thing for an inexpensive item to be just a few dollars less than you pay somewhere else, that's understandable but a $700 scanner for less than $100, it's really on intelligence, or lack of, of the consumer. If it's too good to be true, it's not LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.