What a waste of time ordering from zipscanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
After receiving my refund, I immediately placed an order with HRO Delaware. By 4pm I had already received ups tracking number, and scanner will be delivered tomorrow.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
After receiving my refund, I immediately placed an order with HRO Delaware. By 4pm I had already received ups tracking number, and scanner will be delivered tomorrow.

If I'm in Atlanta, I MIGHT stop by the HRO. I'm about 120 miles away, however. I don't normally buy from them on the Internet. It's not that they don't have good prices or a good selection, rather, because I get charged sales tax since they do business in Georgia. All that may be coming to an end, however.

spotsyrick

I ordered my SDS100 from Zip when first available. Everything went smooth and well.

You were lucky, I was one of those that ordered when they had the inventory issues that pissed people off and caused all of the complaints. They advertised they had them in stock and would ship the next day when in fact they didn't have them in stock. I was a first time buyer from zip scanners and I too will not order again.

johnnystuyv

No problems here either. Ordered the 100 a few days before release and received same within a week. Zip did good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I ordered from Zip Scanners when I was told by Luke via chat that the SDS was "In Stock," when it wasn't. Apparently there was a delay in receiving units from their distributor, which in turn delayed the shipping of my order. While I did receive the radio a few days later than promised / anticipated, I was displeased that I was given an inaccurate answer to a direct question. "In Stock" means on hand and ready to ship in my lexicon. That experience has soured my opinion of the company, and since it was my first experience with the Zip Scanners, I doubt they will be my first choice for future purchase (like a base mobile version of the SDS.)
I was in the same boat with Zip when the SDS was first released for 2 days we played the it will be shipping today game. They said it was in stock before I paid then they had a set back with their supplier. They knew they were not in stock and continued selling the scanners as if they were. The only thing that kind of made up for it was USPS delivered my scanners on a Sunday due to them being shipped 2nd day mail. But I really don't think I will ever do business with them again. Once you lie to someone about what's in stock it really kills any expectations you have of the company in the future. I will now and forever be a universal radio customer, and on occasion scanner master. I just don't understand why zip scanners had to lie to me and tell me it was in stock when it was not. Not the best way to run a business guys!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
I was the one who contacted the BBB about their shady practices and received a response from the BBB that they attempted to contact them twice and received no response. That ought to tell you how good of a place they are to do business with to a certain extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.