What adapter do I need for the Home Patrol 1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wharris1985

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to replace the stock antenna on my home patrol 1. I went to Radio shack and purchased a 800mhz Handheld scanner without doing any research at all. Well come to find out I bought an antenna with a BNC connector. The Home Patrol seems to have a SMA connection. I came on here and saw that people highly recommended the Diamond SRH789 https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Original-SRH789-Telescoping-Handheld/dp/B00LH39190 but the home patrol has to have a right angle adapter so the antenna points upwards. I'm looking for the right adapter to use. Would it be a SMA Female to Male right angle adapter? I'm very new to this so I apologize for the ignorance if I'm completely off on all of this!

Wharris1985

Premium Subscriber
Or if anyone has any other recommendations for this scanner, that would be great too! I was thinking of maybe using a portable car antenna outside by using an adapter on the scanner to connect the antenna and setting on the metal central air unit outside. I don't know if that would be overkill or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.