SDS100/SDS200: What am I doing wrong? I want to create favorite list for future travels

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf6olc

Premium Subscriber
I want to create a special list/profiles for future travels. This is what I've done so far.
"
1.In upper left hand corner of Sentinel labeled "File" I clicked the"new" section.

2. The "Enter profile name" box pops up. I enter the name for the profile.

3. I notice that in the "Database" tree labeled "USA" & "Canada" that my previous favorite list is in the new profile. Should the favorite list on my new profile be blank? Just need a little guidance.

Thanks,KF6OLC

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Profiles are separate from favorite lists. A favorite list will be the same in all profiles. You want to create another favorite list, not a profile.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I want to create a special list/profiles for future travels. This is what I've done so far.
"
1.In upper left hand corner of Sentinel labeled "File" I clicked the"new" section.

2. The "Enter profile name" box pops up. I enter the name for the profile.

3. I notice that in the "Database" tree labeled "USA" & "Canada" that my previous favorite list is in the new profile. Should the favorite list on my new profile be blank? Just need a little guidance.

Thanks,KF6OLC
Your Favorites lists will display in any profile used. Just because you've created a new profile for a possible trip does not mean that there's a blank slate for new Favorites to be created.

What does change in an additional profile are the profile settings as sent to the scanner. In your 'home' profile, you have systems set to either be downloaded, or not, and you also select which ones you want to monitor by default. If you create a new 'trip' profile, you can use different settings to pick a different group of Favorites to either monitor, or to download. One other RR member has commented that he uses three profiles. One if for his home area. The other two are for a trip across several states to visit family that he takes regularly. So, he has a profile for the trip itself, and one for when he is staying at his destination. These are loaded on separate memory cards, so that he can easily switch profiles on the scanner with a quick card swap, instead of taking a laptop to make the changes.

rwier

... and since those FLs are gonna be there anyway, I just use one profile. I name those FLs designed for trips by the Interstate Hwy number.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may wish to visit You Tube and search Uniden Sentinel Favorites Lists. There are several videos there that will walk you through the process of creating Favorites Lists.

Profiles are "collections" of Favorites Lists and their behaviors. Profiles also deal with basic scanner settings, such as display things.

The interesting thing about scanners these days is that there are so many ways of doing something. One person may choose one method and another person something completely different.

I have different Profiles for different scanning scenarios, such as at home, on the road to a destination and at the destination. What I'll do is write each profile to its own SD card (I'm mostly a 536 user, but have a 436) and change out cards based on the scenario. The unused cards are in my glove box. Fortunately this also gives me a couple of spare SD cards, just in case of a card failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.