What am I doing wrong in DB search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
In the NJ database, I can easily find the DEP park, F&W and forestry frequencies within the FCC licenses. Using the Win500 2.02 software for the 106 (manufactured in June 2011), I am missing something obvious. Upon starting "Download from the Web" it is easy to drill down to a county list, select and upload selected groups and conventional frequencies. All is well.

In Win500, what I cannot figure is to find and upload statewide conventional frequencies (other than those on the trunked NJSP system displayed within each county's list)? I live in the Pine Barrens, and forest fires are always a concern. The DEP frequencies are CONV and statewide, but nowhere to be found

A workaround I figured out does work: create a talkgroup in Win500, in RR display the FCC licenses, and copy and paste the selected multiple lines as a group onto the Win500 tabbed page. Last step is change the Alpha Tags.

There has to be an easier way. Thanks.

FWIW, I will be uploading a Win500 file to the NJ forum later this evening. It includes NJSP, Burlington, Camden and Philadelphia. Hope it helps. Feedback is welcome.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Tom if by DEP you mean the Dept of Environmental Protection, I find them under NJ State Agencies. I don't have Win500, but do you have an entry for that in the RRDB download?

73 Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
File > Web Import > RadioReference.com > Conventional Frequencies

Enter Username/Password, press START

United States > New Jersey > (leave County set to --select--)

Select from the Agencies in New Jersey dropdown box

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Using advise by Chauffeur6, make sure you set another Scanlist prior to finish up of Import.

w2xq

Mentor
File > Web Import > RadioReference.com > Conventional Frequencies
Enter Username/Password, press START
United States > New Jersey > (leave County set to --select--)
Select from the Agencies in New Jersey dropdown box

Senility is setting in. I thought I had tried this in Win500, but apparently not Maybe I need to clean my reading glasses. :-(

Chauffeur6, your info was spot on. Thanks. I missed this step, nor did I catch it in the Utah Radio site. Frank, your added comment is noted, thank you. Mike, as always thanks, but when do you have time to go to work? I see your name littered all through the forums on RR. Akin to Chickenman, "he's everywhere, he's everywhere... pluck... pluck... pluck.." Hehe.

FWIW, I added an green flashing LED (forest) to the Forestry Service. and cyan blue (sky) to the three approach/departure WRI frequencies used by McGuire AFB. We are directly, precisely, under the glideslope for the main runway. I'm catching a lot of activity as critters go over the house. The LED grabs one's attention.

Thanks all again.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.