What am I hearing? Digital freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
795
460.52500 Digital comes pretty strongly here in Bergen County, searched FCC for both NJ and NY found nothing that matched the database. Definitely sounds like a Police Dept. Anyone know who this might be?
 
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia

JHVH-1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
34
Location
Highland Park, NJ
res148cue said:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1254051

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1884

Greenburgh, NY


This took all of 3 minutes. I must have stupid written on my forehead, because I keep answering your posts!
Well how did you go about finding it. If you explained that then less questions would need to be asked.

Did a search for frequencies in NJ and then NY? Sometimes when you are close to the border you forget it might be from another state.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
JHVH-1 said:
Well how did you go about finding it. If you explained that then less questions would need to be asked.

Did a search for frequencies in NJ and then NY? Sometimes when you are close to the border you forget it might be from another state.

FCC DATABASE
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
JHVH-1 said:
Well how did you go about finding it. If you explained that then less questions would need to be asked.

Did a search for frequencies in NJ and then NY? Sometimes when you are close to the border you forget it might be from another state.

He said he checked NY and NJ. Now I know he is full of it. A 5 year old could find it.
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,911
Location
Katy, TX
res148cue said:
He said he checked NY and NJ. Now I know he is full of it. A 5 year old could find it.
While I admit that frustration level can run very high when answers are obvious, please remain civil in your responses. As you mentioned in your initial response, I too wonder why you continue to answer these types of questions.

xpawel15x said:
460.52500 Digital comes pretty strongly here in Bergen County, searched FCC for both NJ and NY found nothing that matched the database. Definitely sounds like a Police Dept. Anyone know who this might be?
You seem to think that these forums are a place for you have others do your bidding. I am not just referring to this post, but the majority of threads you start are similar in nature; that is, you have an idle question and you ask it without attempting any serious research on your own. And sure enough, someone here (who has not seen this pattern) will answer your question. What surprises me is that in the NY and NJ forums, you can still get responses to such queries. I suggest that you start doing at least some cursory research on your own before re-asking a question on a topic that has been covered already (no, I am not referring to this specific question), and also learn what tools are out there that you can use yourself instead of getting others to do your research (yes, I am referring to this question).

The OP was asked and answered, I have given both advice and a caution that seemed appropriate. There are no further replies needed, so this thread is closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top