• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

that's old news... happened down in Dallas, if I recall correctly. made national attention and the guy was fired.

Not that I'm saying what he said wasn't wrong or defending what he did; but as a 911 call-taker/dispatcher it gets really old when people constantly call b/c they can't parent their children and want the police to do it.

Last edited:

flyingwolf

Frankly the man should be rewarded, seriously, listen to the woman, that wasn't funny I am going to file a complaint, ok lady go ahead, but first can you bend that 12 year old child over your knee, whip her ASS until she begs you to stop, then continue for 10 minutes.

By that time, you should have your child calmed down, and you can stop wasting tax payer money on being unable t control your child you useless excuse for a parent.

Oh and if you don't have the balls to whip your child when it is acting like a pre-pubescent useless piece of skin, then maybe your drug dealer will. Just ask, most dealers are happy to oblige.

Sorry for the rant, but I just witnessed a 9 year old child throwing a temper tantrum until his mother put his PACIFIER back into his mouth, he is freaking 9 years old. And no before anyone asks, he wasnt mentally handicapped.

Here were my three questions to her.

"Would you like me to help?" To which she said she could handle it.
"Is he mentally handicapped?" To which she got upset and said a firm NO!.
And finally.
"Belts are in Aisle 4, I suggest you learn to use them". To which she replied, "spanking a child is abuse"
To which i replied, "and sticking a pacifier in a 9 year olds mouth rather then controlling him sure as hell isn't going to win you parent of the year award."

And I said have a great day.

Now when I say tantrum, i mean I had to duck to avoid getting hit by the bag of potato chips he tossed out of the cart, his mom wasn't so lucky, she took the full brunt of a can of soda (from the box he ripped open).

Last edited:

BoxAlarm187

I think that all of the dispatchers/call-takers on this board can probably relate to wanting to say this to our callers, but I doubt few of us would!

Incidentally, the incident occured in Watauga, TX (near DFW), and the dispatcher was not fired, but was disciplined.

CLTX11

I knew it happened locally (for me) but couldnt recall where. I know they hear this more than they need to but you have to keep your composer behind the line.

Trust me I was in manager at an amusement park and got into a little trouble because I didnt keep my mouth shut. You hear it constantly and just want to die, but in that position you have to watch yourself sometimes.

red8

I can't agree with you more Flying Wolf . If more "PARENTS" would do that more today! There would definetly be less BS with kids. THAT
is the problem with"TIMEOUTS" they do not work. I heard this guy
on the radio a while in a commercial in regards with how to do with
unruly kids and he said it can be with out all of the use of the tactics
or thr eats. I SAY SCREW THE TIME OUTS AND HOW ABOUT A KNOCKOUT. I remember when I was that age and if I did something
like that my parents would not call the police they would have handled it their own way.Fortunately I behaved myself .

CLTX11

Reminds me of a mexican comedian I listen to. He was talking about parents these days dont spank their children enough. Then went on a story and said that his mom was about to spank him and that he would call the cops if she did. She then said "you better call the ambulance while your at it and tell them there is a dead mexican laying on the floor too"

That cracks me up and is so true. He basis most of his comedy on current events and real life and society as it is now.

Go-24

LOL, thats some funny stuff!

They should send over CPS and take the kid away from her send it to juvi, it's clear shes not fit to be a mother. Need to go over and at the very least taser the mom!

OpSec

Code 21, Status 7
Database Admin
BoxAlarm187 said:
I think that all of the dispatchers/call-takers on this board can probably relate to wanting to say this to our callers, but I doubt few of us would!

Yes, yes and yes.

I had a suicidal guy call the other day wondering why the local cops were knocking on his door. I really wanted to take the call down a different road than the warm and fuzzy one we were on.

The ones that really drive me nuts are the people who call demanding an ATL for their adult children and state "this isn't like them" when they haven't called in 2 hours...or I love how every car on the highway is reckless or the driver 'must be drunk" and it turns out the caller is the problem.

car2back

BoxAlarm187 said:
there was a lady that called where I work one time b/c her 10 y/o son wouldn't get out of bed for school and she wanted a police officer to come and make him get up... I refused to send an officer and when she asked "why not?" I politely yet firmly stated "Because it isn't the Police Dept's responsiblity to parent your child, it is yours. If you feel you're incapable of succesfully rearing your child I can give you the number for the local DHS/Child Welfare Office."

Status
Not open for further replies.