What antenna is the best for the Uniden BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiman5060

thinking of purchasing the scanner but want to get a good antenna our area is both digital and analog, and any suggestions for an outdoor antenna for the same unit
Thanks

tommypickles

What frequency range do you want the best reception on?
I have an 800 Mhz omni with a 3dbi gain about 25 feet at my location.
I have it multicoupled to 4 scanners. I mostly listen to our statewide 700/800 system as well as an adjacent county's 800 system.
It work great for me.
All antennas work on digital and analog. If someone is advertising the antenna as a digital antenna I would be skeptical.
Not a great answer. First see what you mostly want to monitor and the frequencies. If it is all over the place, VHF,UHF, 800, I would consider a discone, it gives goo rx over the entire spectrum but only at unity gain. I have had good experiences with discones in the past. Have one packed away, just no real estate to put it on at the moment.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
It's the frequencies you want to listen to that matter most, not the type of scanner or digital versus analog. Determine the frequencies or bands that most interest you and then we can effectively answer your question.

Reactions: wtp

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
All antennas are capable of digital and analog despite what the advertising tries to tell you. Your location, surroundings (hills, trees, etc.) and frequencies you want to monitor are all factors to consider, as well as the mounting height will all make a difference. Nearby transmitters and simulcast can also make a directional antenna a better for a clean signal.

a good antenna our area is both digital and analog
I use and recommend a "Discone".

Discone Antennas

Get the ultimate wideband performance with a discone antenna! These antennas offer incredible bandwidth in a compact package, making them ideal for apartments or small lots! Depending on which you choose, our line of versatile discone antennas gives you the ability to cover Amateur Radio, public safety, commercial 2-way, cellular, air traffic control, and various ultra-frequency bands.

Reactions: wtp

Bob1955

All antennas are capable of digital and analog despite what the advertising tries to tell you. Your location, surroundings (hills, trees, etc.) and frequencies you want to monitor are all factors to consider, as well as the mounting height will all make a difference. Nearby transmitters and simulcast can also make a directional antenna a better for a clean signal.
drdialtone is right on the money but IF you do NOT want a base scanner antenna, the Diamond RH-77CA is great on a Bearcat BCD-325P2 and available on Amazon.com. However, I would purchase the scanner from at Bearcat Warehouse and their number is 877-568-7226 and FREE shipping and no tax except Maryland residents. They only carry Remtronics antennas but you can also get the wide band one that is 15" long.
Hope this helps you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.