What are my options for scanning Ocean County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotoMoMo

Hi Guy,
Long time listener, first time call you can say. It has been years since I owned a scanner and from what I read the game has changed. I am interested in getting a new scanner but not sure where to start. I used to enjoy listening to Brick Pd but from what I hear they are now encripted. What about Lakewood? What would I need to get them now? Do I need a digital scanner? The prices are steep for the digitals. Please any advice would be great.

Highpockets

Hi Guy,
Long time listener, first time call you can say. It has been years since I owned a scanner and from what I read the game has changed. I am interested in getting a new scanner but not sure where to start. I used to enjoy listening to Brick Pd but from what I hear they are now encripted. What about Lakewood? What would I need to get them now? Do I need a digital scanner? The prices are steep for the digitals. Please any advice would be great.

If you get a digital scanner you'll be able to receive Lakewood, they do not encrypt at this time, you'll recieve some of Toms River and Berkeley Twp, but, nothing for Brick, Point Pleasant Beach, they full time encrypt. I'm sure more departments will follow and go digital and I'm sure some or all will encrypt. I for one just picked up a BCD996XT because they mute encryption on conventional freq's, so I only receive the transmissions the are in the clear, just digital (not encrypted). Shop around there are some used digtal scanners out there, maybe one will meet your needs if digtal is the way you want to go. :)

elias1988

Feed Provider
Don't forget about Manchester also,dispatch talkgroup is in the clear.only a few talkgroups are encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.