What are new Union County IL Sherriff Freqs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbullworker

For a little over a year I have not heard the Union County Sherriff dispatcher on the 158.775 freq. The 911 freq still dispatches Fire and Ambulance. I found this on the net:

https://www.unioncountyil.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/June-2019-RFP-Digital-VHF-Radio-System.pdf

Apparently they requested bids for a new DMR/Analog VHF system. I have done extensive searching in the VHF band but have not found the new freqs. I have DMR and P25 capabilities. The original 158.775 Sherriff freq occasionally has one sided FM traffic but NO dispatcher traffic. The 159.150 (911 Freq) stills dispatches Fire and Ambulance. But Police traffic is not to be found.

Any clues?

Xbullworker

I have had 151.4975 in my Union County Favorite list as a digital search. Nada.

Also I have all the Roy Walker freqs in my Digital Freq Search Favorite list. I got all those freqs from a search for UC DMR freqs at https://digitalfrequencysearch.com/index.php

Roy Walker has been the provider in the past for all Union County PD equipment /repeaters which is why I have tried all his known repeater freqs. All I have heard on his repeaters is Business and Bus traffic along with some Tech talk.

Xbullworker

I would just search the vhf band and try to find it.

What scanner are you using?

Yes that is what I have been doing for the last few days. I been searching 150-159.99mhz and use Proscan for a history log. Since the Bid request asked for VHF equipment I figure this would be the place to look. I am beginning to suspect DMR encryption.

Right now I am using a Uniden 536HP with DMR upgrade.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
That's what I was thinking. If you just monitor a frequency, you should still get some clues that is active. Also, turn off. "Mute encryption "if that's a setting on that scanner

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Have you got any hits on 151.4975 as Analog? It's supposedly to be used for the Roads/Highway Department

I have had 151.4975 in my Union County Favorite list as a digital search. Nada.

Also I have all the Roy Walker freqs in my Digital Freq Search Favorite list. I got all those freqs from a search for UC DMR freqs at https://digitalfrequencysearch.com/index.php

Roy Walker has been the provider in the past for all Union County PD equipment /repeaters which is why I have tried all his known repeater freqs. All I have heard on his repeaters is Business and Bus traffic along with some Tech talk.

Xbullworker

Have you got any hits on 151.4975 as Analog? It's supposedly to be used for the Roads/Highway Department

I don't believe I have heard activity on that channel in years, it used to be for the HWY dept and until 5 or six years ago it was active. I heard thru the grapevine that they went to cell phones. FWIW it has very few employees, Union County is a small county. I have been scanning 151.4975 because it is on the digital freq list I imported from the digital freq search website. These freqs are digital search, I just put 151.4975 as NFM and will see if I get any hits today.

Xbullworker

After considerable detective work, the New Dispatch UC SO freq appears to be

This freq comes up encrypted DMR, and has a RSSI of -74dbm which is about what I get on the original 158.775 Sherriff NFM freq and corresponds to the patrol car talking on NFM on 158.775 which I can copy and then when the patrol car ends transmit, the 151.0475 comes on which I can not copy because it says encrpt on my scanner. I used 2 scanners for this test, one parked on 151.047500 DMR and the other parked on 158.775.

It is interesting the 151.047500 freq comes up as an Union County freq on the digital search website BUT is not on Radio Reference. At least I query the freq on RR but it comes up with nothing in Union County. Wonder why digital search gets it right? Don't both websites use the FCC database?

Here is the FCC link: ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPAK374 - UNION, COUNTY OF

cubn

Database Admin

Xbullworker

I actually found the freq 151.0475 from the digital search website last week along with many other UNion city digital freq. I looked at Union County freqs in RR and never found 151.0475 listed anywhere. I did get many Union County freqs from RR but 151.0475 was not one of them. Try a 151.0475 freq query on RR for IL and tell me if u find a listing for Union Cty..

cubn

Database Admin
I actually found the freq 151.0475 from the digital search website last week along with many other UNion city digital freq. I looked at Union County freqs in RR and never found 151.0475 listed anywhere. I did get many Union County freqs from RR but 151.0475 was not one of them. Try a 151.0475 freq query on RR for IL and tell me if u find a listing for Union Cty..

I don't know why it didn't come up.

But that Digital Search site is awesome for sleuthing out new DMR and NXDN repeaters!

Status
Not open for further replies.