What are the "extra" frequencies on the Motorola type 2 Suffolk County system in db?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I never really paid much attention to the frequencies imported from RR regarding the System and Sites for the truncked systems... I normally only add/delete/manipulate the talkgroups.... I just happend to be looking around in the db, and notice the below screenshot. There are RED freq's for the main CC's, then blue alternate CC's, and then there are 6 non-highlighted frequencies for example under the first site, "Suffolk County".

What are those frequencies, and are they not used, or ....??

Extra.jpg

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
They are the voice channels...where the voice calls are carried (besides the alternates and 3 of the 4 control channels)
Basically at any one time:
1 channel is control
all others carry voice.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
The 2 ones in color are the control channel and alternate control channel. That's what the subscriber units use to communicate with the tower. Those other frequencies are the voice channels. The tower 'tells' the subscriber units which voice channel to listen on when a call is made on a talkgroup. So for busier sites you'll see more voice frequencies because of the traffic load. Your scanner doesn't need all the voice channels programmed because it can get that info from the control channel.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, I clearly understand how the system works already. ;) I just don't ever remember seeing "other" channels isted there like that before.... maybe I just didn't notice them/not paying attention previously. I thought maybe something was added....

Status
Not open for further replies.