What are the main ARES/RACES nets for Los Angeles County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf6olc

Premium Subscriber
I'm programming my Kenwood Th-D72 radio for travel to Los Angeles. What are the main ARES/RACES nets for Los Angeles County?
Thanks,KF6OLC

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
LA County RACES is called DCS (Disaster Communications Service). Their primary net is Monday at 7 pm on 145.300 (-)
The primary LAX ARES net is on the DARN repeater system (multiple linked sites), Monday at 9 pm.

A number of smaller cities also have EMCOM nets throughout the week.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Hey I talked to a kf6-something, I forget the rest of the call, but it was in the San Fran area as we passed through on Interstate 5 this past July. I had not talked with a kf6 callsign prefix before so it was a first. Maybe it was you if you are active on the San Francisco area repeaters, who knows? I just remembered that QSO, and it was a cool chat. I should keep a logbook, but I don't. Old habits die hard. Always had a logbook or two hanging around in the truck. Did I just say that out loud?

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you've already traveled, but also check out the ham repeaters on Santa Catalina Island.
147.090+, no tone
448.900-, 110.9 (make sure to enable PL on receive because there is a co-channel uncoordinated repeater in San Pedro.)

To expand on LACo DCS, they also have a net on Mondays at 7pm on 147.270+, 179.9PL. Repeater is also on Mt. Disappointment, WA6ZTR repeater. This is where the county sheriff station/district hams check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.