• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What are used older model motorola radios worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
I have a few Motorola GP300’s , radius p1225’s , a sp50, ht1000 , Xts3000 model 1 in uhf as well as a ht750 uhf and a couple of ex500’s that I’m thinking about selling was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are worth and if there is actually a market for any of the above mentioned radios . I’d like to sell them as I’m trying to clean house as far as older radios but I also am not trying to let them go for nothing either any information would be greatly appreciated

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I have a few Motorola GP300’s , radius p1225’s , a sp50, ht1000 , Xts3000 model 1 in uhf as well as a ht750 uhf and a couple of ex500’s that I’m thinking about selling was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are worth and if there is actually a market for any of the above mentioned radios . I’d like to sell them as I’m trying to clean house as far as older radios but I also am not trying to let them go for nothing either any information would be greatly appreciated

Check e-Bay and see what the bids are.
Most of those won't be worth much since they are older radios. The wide band radios are useless for commercial users, so you might get some ham/gmrs users that would like them, but no display/low channel count makes them less popular.

The HT-1000's, if they are in good shape might get you $40 each, but there's a lot of them on the market, so you need to price carefully. Bonus if you include good batteries, charger, antenna, and maybe free programming.

HT-750's might get you a bit more, but again, it's all about what kind of shape they are in.

I unloaded some HT-1000 UHF radios I had years ago. I think I got $50 each for them, but they were in good shape and I offered free programming (with proof of license). Doubt you'd get $50 each for them now.

XTS-3000's seem to be all over the place. Some hams/GMRS guys love them, but they are older radios and won't score what an XTS-2500 or 5000 will.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
XTS/XTL 5000's with fully loaded codeplugs in very good shape can be had for around $100, and those are extremely capable and viable radios for many trunked systems. Anything older than those, unless they are actual collectables, are a dime a dozen and not worth much.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
XTS/XTL 5000's with fully loaded codeplugs in very good shape can be had for around $100, and those are extremely capable and viable radios for many trunked systems. Anything older than those, unless they are actual collectables, are a dime a dozen and not worth much.

Yeah, I'd agree.
The high dollar market seems to be those that buy them without really knowing what they are. Hams/GMRS folks seem to really dig the older high tier Motorola stuff, even though they can do better. It's really about finding the right sucker buyer.

In other words, I don't think you are sitting on a gold mine there. I think you might sell that stuff on e-Bay, but you'll put a lot of work into it for little return.

If you can get them to a hamfest, you can find some buyers there, might be easier than e-Bay.

N4KVE

XTS/XTL 5000's with fully loaded codeplugs in very good shape can be had for around $100, and those are extremely capable and viable radios for many trunked systems.
For 800 MHz variants, yeah. But VHF, UHF, & 900’s get a lot more money. Hams love them, & are great to use on P25 repeaters without paying APX $.

mbnv992

Older radios like those simply aren't worth selling. Most of them will cost more the ship than they are worth. Like others said, keep them. Especially in todays day in age, you never know when you will need spare radios / extra comms around.
I still have a bunch of GP300’s/P110’s around in my collection ( including a bunch of Jedi radios and XTS gear ).

Lakes_Region_Comms

I’m only 14
All radios for sale really depend on condition and band, and what it comes with, batteries, antenna's, chargers, speaker mic's will increase price. These prices will be USD.
I'd say the gp300s are worth $20-$35 a piece, p1225 I ended up selling mine for $80 with everything listed above (but worth $40-100), SP50 are worth $15-$30, HT1000's are worth $20-$50, XTS3000 $40-85, HT750 are worth $50-$100, EX500's are worth $30-$150.
I got these estimates from the going prices on ebay.

a417

U+0000
All radios for sale really depend on condition and band, and what it comes with, batteries, antenna's, chargers, speaker mic's will increase price. These prices will be USD.
I'd say the gp300s are worth $20-$35 a piece, p1225 I ended up selling mine for $80 with everything listed above (but worth $40-100), SP50 are worth $15-$30, HT1000's are worth $20-$50, XTS3000 $40-85, HT750 are worth $50-$100, EX500's are worth $30-$150.
I got these estimates from the going prices on ebay.
I think that's fair, but that would be contingent on the actual conditions of the hardware. Always expect the lower end, and be happy if you get the upper. Too many times people overestimate the condition of what they are selling, and what arrives is absolute junk and gets sent back.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If you sell on ebay make sure you don't go upside down financially with shipping and eBay fees.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.