citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
I am unsure if this is allowed. I apologise if it isn't. I have posted a suggestion thread before, but never have I asked what others are listening to.

Hi, I'm Chloe. 👋 I don't require assistance, just a chat.

I love listening to channels I haven't before. I usually listen only to public safety, but I am open to changing one of the two possible methods of listening I have to pretty much anything else.

I use Gordon Edwards' Scanner Radio and Police Scanner. I am currently listening to, in Illinois, Peoria City Police Dispatch - PREP 1 and in New Jersey, New Jersey State Police Troop B. I also use YouTube to listen to LAPD, California Highway Patrol, and Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.

What do YOU ALL have playing currently? ⤵ 💬

It doesn't matter to me if it's public safety, public works, ATC, railroad, HAM, CB, shortwave, or even music radio. I am just curious! If you aren't comfortable sharing because it would give out your location, you could tell me how your day/night is going. :)

Also, keep in mind, I only use scanner apps and YouTube, so if you post a suggestion, I can only use these methods. I am not a HAM, although I wish I were.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
Metallica! 🤘 Cool mate!

I also love Boston Police! There used to be a nonfiction show years ago about Boston EMS. I can't remember what it was called… 🤔

Thanks for the reply! Stay safe!

saioke

I'm in Ohio and just listen locally to my county and a couple of others in the surrounding area, all the cops, sheriffs, ems, even hospital. They're always quite active, especially at night. I have a few HAM frequencies programmed as well because I enjoy the chatter but they typically only talk on Sundays during their meeting. I tend to also pick up a TON of aircraft so I kind've exclude them from my scanlists or else they'd take up the majority of the chatter.

Occasionally also hear someone using a radio at the local Walmart or something. Just a bit ago I overheard that they were stalking a man with green hair that they believed to have been stealing. Good stuff!

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
Hi mate! You alright?

My favourite Ohio agency has to be Toledo. I like OSHP too.

I wish I could listen to our WalMart freqs (LPOs), but I was told they are encrypted by a staff.

I was studying to be a HAM, but my teacher passed away whilist he was helping me study so I never took the test. I feel it wouldn't be the same without him. 😔 He was an Air Force veteran.

I have listened to ATC in the past, but whom I liked listening isn't on Broadcastify and my phone is old so listening for extended times on Chrome (with liveatc dot net) doesn't work properly.

Thanks for sharing, mate! Have a great night!

Last edited:

hill

Premium Subscriber
Fire local Co talkgroups

Fire Mutual Aid request channel VFire 21

Some.other local counties Fire dispatches and their Talkgroups if something occurs. My Kenwood land radios have some of other counties fire on two tone decode, so can monitor them silently.

Marime and USCG LMR for my local Sector kind of busy with Key Bridge cleanup ops.

State Police

State land and marine interop talkgroups . Used for large events and unplanned responses. Being used by Key Bridge response cleanup.

Local state airport with general aviation, many private jets, police helos, one TV helo and aome mil air.

Local mil air.

Police mostly when something is going on.

Local ham repeater and GMRS repeater.

If near them the local mall security details. This has some drama on it. A large teen outbreak occurred during a Carnival on the local mall parking lotna few months ago.

Not much I don't listen too. Never really got into train scanning even with Amtrak, state commuters rail and freight train accross the road from the airport.

KF6DGN

Premium Subscriber
I recently moved from very RF rich Southern California to the Panhandle of Florida. Most LE are encrypted in the county. However I programmed all the frequencies from Radio Reference. During a recent severe storm the school bus comms were very active with road info, reports of flooding, down power lines etc! You might program the local school bus frequencies and monitor during inclement weather.

Happy monitoring!

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
Lots of great information mate! Thanks!

Okay, so let us unpack this:

I listen to my local FDs too using a Baofeng BF-F8+.

I have some Coast Guard channels saved on Scanner Radio. Mobile AL is one I can think of without going back over there to look. I haven't listened yet, but I will soon.

My state's police is encrypted entirely.

By mil, I am certain you meant military. I have never heard military traffic. I have a military base close, but their freqs aren't listed anywhere which… Isn't a surprise.

My local LE is entirely encrypted.

Every.
Agency.
With.
Arrest.
Powers.
In probably 30 miles.

There is an agency closer to a state line that I monitor but only with scanner apps.

I live close to a shopping mall, but their security is encrypted per their chief.

Thanks again, mate! Cheers!

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
Thanks mate!

I personally never knew you could listen to schools' radio traffic, but am glad you shared the info!

Enjoy the weather! ☀ 🏊 Be safe!

saioke

Hi mate! You alright?

My favourite Ohio agency has to be Toledo. I like OSHP too.

I wish I could listen to our WalMart freqs (LPOs), but I was told they are encrypted by a staff.

I was studying to be a HAM, but my teacher passed away whilist he was helping me study so I never took the test. I feel it wouldn't be the same without him. 😔 He was an Air Force veteran.

I have listened to ATC in the past, but whom I liked listening isn't on Broadcastify and my phone is old so listening for extended times on Chrome (with liveatc dot net) doesn't work properly.

Thanks for sharing, mate! Have a great night!

I can't complain!

Toledo is a bit out of my area but I've definitely heard them on live streams before, quite an active bunch of individuals. I pick up the OSHP all the time, but they tend to go encrypted if something big happens. :(
Oh? Strange that they'd encrypt their radios. Can't imagine Walmart would have anything unusual to hide lol. I live in a small town and my brother works there, so I knew they typically just use GMRS, around 462mhz. I can't pick them up all the time though. It's a good distance away (Well, about 12 miles.) and my yagi antenna isn't pointed in that exact direction.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your teacher too, but I think you should go for it! What better way to honor your teacher than to get your license? It's why he was teaching you to begin with! Good luck and believe in yourself. You can do anything if you set your mind to it.

I thought about getting my HAM license as well, even took some practice tests and passed without studying. The basic license seems fairly easy to get but, studying would be wise. I just never got my HAM because I don't see myself participating in any of my local groups, I just like listening lol. Although, I would love to join Skywarn and afaik there's no Skywarn members in my area despite the fact that we've been having some scary weather around here these past few years.

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
Thank you mate.

As far as the WalMart encryption, I didn't say I believe it. It was just what a staff told me. They could be incorrect.

My teacher was paying for the courses and giving me a radio when he went back to another state where his storage unit was located. I have absolutely no where near enough money. He was helping me with 98% of everything I needed, not just course study. All of the fees as well.

Cheers!

merlin

There is not a lot to listen to in southeast Idaho. A major train yard has me catching some rail.
I monitor two public safety sites on ICAWIN. For that, I use an XG-100M in a desktop. It is loaded with local ham, marine, weather, NOAA sat,
and GMRS.
On top is an HF rig I try to catch som MIL calls and maritime safety. Serves as a CB radio too.
A Bearcat scanner, mainly for local air and a couple amateur repeaters.
Online I have been a bit of time on ADS-B exchange. Spent some of today tracing some F-5s out of Yuma and some T-38s out of edwards.
Caught an emergency from a globemaster put down at Nellis.
I have a military base close, but their freqs aren't listed anywhere which… Isn't a surprise.
You can find many base frequencies with a search. ground opps are often generic P25. Searching from 230 to 350 MHz you may get a lock.
Some air to air is between 140 and 150 MHz along with tower frequecies you can find on FAA sites.

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_060821.jpg
    IMG_20240505_060821.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 14

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
@merlin Whoa! Thank you sir! Holy damn, I never knew I could listen to the military!! 🤯

Maybe I didn't exactly explain correctly. I would have to DM you to explain because it would require giving more of my location publically than I am personally comfortable with. Would that be 10-4, that I send you a DM?

I love your setup as well!!

Cheers!

Bob1955

I am unsure if this is allowed. I apologise if it isn't. I have posted a suggestion thread before, but never have I asked what others are listening to.

Hi, I'm Chloe. 👋 I don't require assistance, just a chat.

I love listening to channels I haven't before. I usually listen only to public safety, but I am open to changing one of the two possible methods of listening I have to pretty much anything else.

I use Gordon Edwards' Scanner Radio and Police Scanner. I am currently listening to, in Illinois, Peoria City Police Dispatch - PREP 1 and in New Jersey, New Jersey State Police Troop B. I also use YouTube to listen to LAPD, California Highway Patrol, and Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.

What do YOU ALL have playing currently? ⤵ 💬

It doesn't matter to me if it's public safety, public works, ATC, railroad, HAM, CB, shortwave, or even music radio. I am just curious! If you aren't comfortable sharing because it would give out your location, you could tell me how your day/night is going. :)

Also, keep in mind, I only use scanner apps and YouTube, so if you post a suggestion, I can only use these methods. I am not a HAM, although I wish I were.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
I listen to everything in Lower Westchester County, NY both analog and digital, citygirl.
Hope you have a great Memorial Day holiday weekend.

Bob (KB2GQK)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hi Chloe, we have talked before and I understand that you don't want to give your location other than you're on the east coast of the United States, also am I correct in assuming that you don't listen on an actual radio but just do streaming of the police scanner app? I don't do a lot of streaming but that is the app that I would use. I noticed you listen to New Jersey State Police Troop B, good choice, Troop C is also good to listen to.

On police scanner check out Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania and listen to the Philadelphia police Citywide emergency. It's also nicknamed J Band from a long long time ago when it had a different radio system, I believe that app also has T Band for traffic and tlactical which is no longer used and it has M Band and police events talk groups 1 and 2. M Band is Citywide administrative.

You will enjoy J Band. It is flashes or alerts for serious calls Citywide in all police districts.

In a City like Philadelphia, which is a lawless nest of crime, and has lost much of its tourism, cultural influence and retail, it is very exciting to listen to, similar to Chicago.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
On police scanner check out Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania and listen to the Philadelphia police Citywide emergency. It's also nicknamed J Band
Yes I'll 2nd this recommendation. You'll hear lots of reports of shootings, stabbings and the like here. Fortunately a good bit of them are "unfounded" but too many of them turn out to be legit. Is what it is...

a727469

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes I'll 2nd this recommendation. You'll hear lots of reports of shootings, stabbings and the like here. Fortunately a good bit of them are "unfounded" but too many of them turn out to be legit. Is what it is...
Yes many of the shootings and stabbings, are unfounded but probably happened anyway, without a victim they just resume patrol unless they have to take multiple reports for all the neighbors cars full of bullet holes, it happens way too often to actually follow up, sometimes they get lucky and an emergency room will report a victim. Homicide investigations are handled like a daily assembly line. The local news broadcast in Philly are the same everyday, same s***, different flies.

Good thing about J band is that all the top brass are on J band, if a violent crime is founded and results in a fatality, a senior officer will be told on the emergency band, any follow-up or investigation will go to encrypted talk groups.

Needless to say, the media also listens to J Band.

Happy Hunting Chloe😄

ecps92

Metallica! 🤘 Cool mate!

I also love Boston Police! There used to be a nonfiction show years ago about Boston EMS. I can't remember what it was called… 🤔

Thanks for the reply! Stay safe!

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
For a change of pace, I am sure you know Listen to Live ATC (Air Traffic Control) Communications | LiveATC.net. But also use Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24. You can see and hear the flight at the same time…combine those with youtube and search for “plane spotting live” and when available you can actually see the action LAFlights is a good one.
I use the liveatc app along with flightradar24. It's fun late at night in the winter tracking NHL teams flying from city to city after games. The Sharks and Red Wings are the most difficult to locate, they block 😑

I'm going to check out trentbob's recommended channel too, sounds interesting. I remember listening to the Boston marathon bombing and search for the perps after as it unfolded on the scanner radio app. It was pretty tense