What are you scanning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I thought he could have a thread were talk about our current scanning methods and what scanners and other equipment we are using.

I currently am scanning the Edmonton EDACS public safety system on a Pro-95. I am working on my ham license so I also have a uv-5r ( transmit disabled) scanning the gmrs/fmrs/murs and surrounding businesses and RCMP . I am also working on getting a my SDR setup to work with the EDACS system but my main issue has been antenna set ups.

I am playing to get a fancy digital scanner when the Alberta first responders network goes live in Edmonton .

joeuser

The Wretched
Kansas here, Blue Hills / North Central Kansas / close to Nebraska. My mainstay is KSICS with my BCD436HP. I also got an older PC running Unitrunker & DSD+ scanning the same system on a different antenna. I have 780's I bought many moons ago scanning CommAir, MilAir, Mil, & other conventional freqs like PubServ, Itinerants, FRS, GMRS, MURS, IG, etc. I had to slow down my hobby as the " economic downturn " took a chunk out of my business. So, I'm trying to repurpose stuff. So, I plan to take a huge surplus of RG58 I have from my installer days & make a nice long wire ' L ' shaped & running that to my trusty old DX440. I also run feeds, until the power goes out & my 30 day trial of Proscan notices we're a few days past now, on some old dog systems like a Pentium II 300 with Win2K Pro & 256. Pretty awesome IMO. I also get some private feeds from a nice gentleman that lives in a city nearby & shares his bandwidth with me so I can listen to exciting stuff instead of " I think these cows are so & so's - he needs to get out here & fix that fence! " stuff. Although some of the other users change the scanner from reg full scans to whatever they want & never change it back! Other than that I just listen to the wife, cuz she gets madder than a hornet when I don't! Have a great weekend!

ahp309

For drivin around a Realistic PRO-22 listening to 8 Alberta RCMP channels (only 8 cuz thats all the crystals it will hold) and at home a Realistic Pro-2008 UHF/VHF Direct Entry Programmable.

A

Ambulance2014

I listen and park my radio & Scanner on Tsuu Tina Nation Fire Rescue. Occasionally will listen to Calgary Digital Radio System but am excited to see what kinda intresting services will be able to get on the Alberta first responder System.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Anything that is in the clear and one can scan these days, except crappy band. Less so FRS and so called trucker VHF frequencies except when on the road [and only when alone and no family members present]. Don't do a lot of searching for new frequencies however.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Fire, police, and ambulance in the Calgary area, along with Firenet, and the occasional public works channel or other stuff I'm trying to sleuth out. AFRRCS as well, of course.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Depends where I am in the province but mostly EMS (no police or RCMP)

I also love tolling for new frequencies / users on Close Call. When I have time I'm going to dedicate a computer and radio to just close call 24/7. In the rural areas there are a lot of farmers and that can be interesting until they get into low German. :lol:

I have a scanner dedicated to WX tweets and LiveATC audio for CYXE.

Status
Not open for further replies.