• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What charger & batteries for PRO96

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPOWLD

Premium Subscriber
I am about to buy a PRO96 scanner and I need some advice.

What make/model charger should I get?
Radio Shack offered me one for 23.99 with four batteries. Don't know make or part No.
Their web site shows numerous chargers.

Also what brand re-chargable and non-chargable batteries should I get?

The power adapter (9V/300mA) AC -to-DC power adapter is model 273-1767, $17.99.

Thanks
Happy Scanning

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Energizer 2500mAh

Go to Wal-Mart and pick up some Energizer 2500 mAh batteries.....4 AA with a charger is 18 bucks......then buy a 4 pack of just the 2500's for 10 bucks.

Then ya can have 4 charging & 4 in your scanner.

These work great for me. I use them in my Pro-83 & Pro 97.

I get 14-16+ hours on the Pro-83

I haven't put them to the test so far on the Pro-97.....but they're in there.

pro-96 battery/charger

I agree with the above post. I have several sets of 2500 mah batteries from walmart with great success. I use them in my pro-95x2,pro-96x1,and pro-97x1 with great success.

Mark

rpowley

I use Energizer 2500 mAh batteries and a Digital Concepts model # CH-1800 charger - All from Wal-Mart. I also use some Duracell 2500's and they seem to work good.

KE7TJK

I also use the Energizers from Wal Mart, and they are great.

I recently picked up a Sanyo set from Costco; it includes 6 AA 25maH NiMH batteries, 2 AAA 900maH batteries, and a fast/slow charger for $19.99. The charger works absolutely great!

Since using this charger with both the Energizer and the Sanyo's, my scanner actally will make it 12-14 hours before it starts the low battery alarm.

Heeding advice from here, I no longer charge my batteries in the scanner using the cube. They don't get a full charge that way at all.

kd6ecz

I picked up an Energizer charger about two years ago from Wal Mart and it came with 4 1800 mAh AA batteries for $16.99. I also picked up 2 packs of 4 2200 mAh AA batteries at the time for about $10 each. I still use all 3 sets of batteries in my Pro-96 to this day. It sure beats buying a new set of alkaline batteries every few days (which is what I was doing for a couple of months).

Buy the Energizers. You won't regret it.

jeffrey420

I agree, but.....

bubbaearle said:
Go to Wal-Mart and pick up some Energizer 2500 mAh batteries.....4 AA with a charger is 18 bucks......then buy a 4 pack of just the 2500's for 10 bucks.

Then ya can have 4 charging & 4 in your scanner.

These work great for me. I use them in my Pro-83 & Pro 97.

I get 14-16+ hours on the Pro-83

I haven't put them to the test so far on the Pro-97.....but they're in there.
If you know someone with a card for SamsClub you might save even more.

I get two 4 packs of 2500 mAh enegizers for $15 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.