What Coax & Connector/Adapter Brands Are good Or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
These are brands I'm seeing on Antenna Farm, Amazon, & DX Engineering.

COAX:

Belden
Times Microwave
Cable Assemblies Now
CommScope
Consolidate Wire
Wilson
TerraWave
Bolton
MPD Digital
DX Engineering
Cable X-Perts
ABR Industries
Proxicast
Alpha Distributor
SureCall
Andrew Commscope
XRDS-RF

CONNECTORS & ADAPTERS:

Lands Precision
TerraWave
RF Industries (RFI)
Ventev
Times Microwave
Amphenol
Commscope
Ancable
Klein Tools
DHT Electronics
Maxmoral
Larsen
Huber + Suhner (HS)
Emerson Network Power (ENP)
Diamond
XRDS-RF
Boscoqo
onelinkmore
SLTS
TLS.eagle
RFAdapter
RFAdapter

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
These are brands I'm seeing on Antenna Farm, Amazon, & DX Engineering.

COAX:

Any of these should be just fine.
Belden
Times Microwave
CommScope
Consolidate Wire
Andrew Commscope
TerraWave
DX Engineering

Don't know, never used them:
MPD Digital
Cable X-Perts
ABR Industries
Proxicast
Alpha Distributor
SureCall
XRDS-RF
Bolton - Never heard of them.
Cable Assemblies Now

Not impressed with their stuff:
Wilson

CONNECTORS & ADAPTERS:

These are all good brands:

Lands Precision
TerraWave
RF Industries (RFI)
Ventev
Times Microwave
Amphenol
Commscope
Larsen
Huber + Suhner (HS)
Emerson Network Power (ENP)

I've used these before, but I think they only make stuff for RG-6, RG-59, usually F or BNC connectors. Never had a problem with them:
Klein Tools

Never heard of these guys, I'd be suspect it's cheap Chinese stuff:
Ancable
DHT Electronics
Maxmoral
Ancable
XRDS-RF
Boscoqo
onelinkmore
SLTS
TLS.eagle
RFAdapter

Ham radio manufacturer. Not sure who makes their stuff. Some of their antennas are OK, some are not. Not sure if I'd trust their connectors:
Diamond

I've found that things like connectors are important. It's easy to think you can save a few bucks and it won't matter, but that usually bit me in the rear later on. Now I stick to the known name brands and rarely have an issue.

toolman60

My brother just gave me a set of the
VDV200-010 Ratcheting Crimper Klein tool.

I ordered a set of these to try on the mini UHF connectors. Klein Tools VDV201-040 Crimp Die Set.
He had 3 set's of dies but no coax dies all of his were for electrical connectors.

Ryangn

MPD Digital is not a brand of cable. They are a company that assembles cables using Times Microwave or Andrew CommScope coax (your choice). I have used them in the past and have been very pleased. All of my coax is Times Microwave.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Same with ABR and Cable X-Perts as far as I know.

I know Cable X-Perts makes pre terminated cables. Our Wireless network guys have a lot of their stuff. It's usually some form of LMR-400 (usually the UF version). I've offered to make custom cables for them, but they prefer to just order from the comfort of their desk.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes, Cable X-Perts sells pre-made assemblies. They offer various types of Times Microwave or Andrew Cinta cable.

DX Engineering also sells a limited variety of bulk coaxial cable and assemblies. I don't know who makes their cable, but they claim its made in the USA. They have their own design of the PL-259 connector that seems to work well, if that's what suits your application.

rural_radio

¿Por qué no Ø?
MPD Digital is not a brand of cable. They are a company that assembles cables using Times Microwave or Andrew CommScope coax (your choice). I have used them in the past and have been very pleased. All of my coax is Times Microwave.
I've purchased several pigtails, longer cables, and one pre-assembled phasing harness from MPD Digital over the years. I've always been satisfied with the quality of their work, and the cable and connectors used were ones they advertised and what was in the pictures, which isn't always the case with cables purchased on Amazon or eBay.

They seem to use Amazon fulfillment for common items. The free shipping on Amazon is good if you're just getting one small cable , but it's often cheaper to purchase directly on their website if you're getting several things at once, even when you factor in the cost of shipping.

Mods, feel free to remove the link if it's not allowed. Just mentioning it since the URL isn't the same as the company name.

Status
Not open for further replies.