What computer controlled analog scanner should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have decided to get a scanner that can be controlled from the PC(not only programmable but computer controlled as well). It has to be a trunked analog scanner. I thought maybe someone here would give me some ideas. I thought of the Uniden BR330T and the BC780XLT.
Would you guys suggest others? Thank you for your help.

Mike

Bucko

I would also consider the BC15 or BC15X, both are very good analog scanners that can be controlled by the computer.

smason

All of my scanners are computer controlled (remotely over the network), and for analog, I'm thrilled with the BCT-15 and Proscan.
It's a killer combo!

My current listening station, all tucked away in the basement:
GRE PSR-600 with Win500
Uniden BCT-15 and Proscan
RS Pro-2006 and Probe (bit tricky to run remotely)
TenTec RX-320 and a control program for it.

All can be controlled monitored from my notebook, desktop, or even from work.

Last edited:
All of my scanners are computer controlled (remotely over the network), and for analog, I'm thrilled with the BCT-15 and Proscan.
It's a killer combo!

My current listening station, all tucked away in the basement:
GRE PSR-600 with Win500
Uniden BCT-15 and Proscan
RS Pro-2006 and Probe (bit tricky to run remotely)
TenTec RX-320 and a control program for it.

All can be controlled monitored from my notebook, desktop, or even from work.

That's really interesting. What software you use to control them from work? I was seriously considering the BCT-15 now, I love the look of it as well. How's the sensitivity in that one? By the way what antennas are you using?

Thank you for your reply

rbecker1963

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up a Uniden BCT8 and ARC8 software. The 15 is the obvious choice but the 8 is a good fallback. I bought the cable from Scanner Master. The scanner was on Ebay and whoever had it only opened the box, but did not use it. I stole it for $115. ARC8 was about $40 and the serial cable was about $20. I also bought an indoor Super Snoop antenna. Total cost was around $200.

Not bad and the BCT8 is just fine for my needs; Trunking and local Public Safety.

smason

That's really interesting. What software you use to control them from work? I was seriously considering the BCT-15 now, I love the look of it as well. How's the sensitivity in that one? By the way what antennas are you using?

Thank you for your reply

If I'm just listening, I use Proscan client, or a web browser (Proscan has a web server as well)
For control I use Proscan, or I RDP to the home computer.

If I'm just listening, I use Proscan client, or a web browser (Proscan has a web server as well)
For control I use Proscan, or I RDP to the home computer.

I'll keep that in mind, in case I want to use Proscan. It sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.