What did I do?? P96 scans slow now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg750

I accidently erased my working memory the other day while messing with V-scanners (I forgot to save before loading a another file). So, I reloaded from a Win96 file I had...no problem. However, I've notice that the scanner scans much slower than it used to. Nothing changed as far a programming goes, at least not that I can tell. Same freqs in the same channels in the same banks with the same ID tags. They are just plain-ol VHF, no trunking. Is there some setting that I could have changed in Win96 that would affect scanning speed?

Thanks!

G

jambo

Not to sure what is causing your scanner to scan slow after the mishap. All I can suggest to do is "Initialize" your scanner which will erase everything stored, and reload with the Win96 again. Maybe this will fix your slow scanning performance.

"Initializing the scanner" is on page 113 of the owners manual.

gg750

I found the problem. There were a few fireground freqs in still in the Win96 file that I had removed before reloading. Apparently the scanner doesn't like them. There are only 3, but once I removed them, scanning speed went right back to where it used to be. It's odd that 3 freqs with no PL tones programmed would cause that much of a problem.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.