What did you think of Call of Duty 4.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Love this game! Both campaign and multiplayer are a blast. Yes, I'm addicted :)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The game itself is ok,but the graphics are still "cartoon-like" in appearance. It's a great game for someone who has not been involved in real combat conditions,otherwise the realism has a long way to go. Also the weapons choices in the game are not true to what would actually be used in a real scenario.
I know,I know it's only a game,right?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Does This Belong In The Rant Section? lol

I think Activision went over the edge with the airport scene. And this idea of not having dedicated servers that consumers come to expect form a game is absolute BS! Then you have to run pile of crap steam just to play??? This is as bad as M$ getting their rat claws on GTA IV.

Now before you quote me on GTA IV and comparing that to the airport scene, let me tell you that the GTA series is more of a comedic game then anything. Here with have a gruesome scene you can play in as a terrorist blowing away civilians in an airport. Oddly, I have always thought that in real like there should be security on the outside of an airport...

World at war however is pretty cool. Never thought I get tired of hearing, " BONZI !!"

Some people don't like the weapons, but that is what that time period had. :roll: If you ask me it just tests your skill. One thing I've noticed though is there seems to be a non-verbal communication in world at war. Pay close attention to those death cards and maybe you will see it. I question some of the movies too. Maybe I'm not that ordinary sheep in the crowd who is blatantly unaware and unaffected of these things. Why do the Nazis in World at war give a western salute?? Pick and choose the political correctness are we? Something I've seen though my sniper scope. :twisted:

The way I see it, if your gonna represent the past, do so with some damn facts! Let the younger generation see what it was really about.

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Interesting facts.

With more than eight million gamers on active duty in its first five days alone, Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not only the biggest entertainment launch in history grossing more than $550 million, but also significantly outnumbers the world’s top-five armed forces combined.

The world’s largest virtual army, Modern Warfare 2 has:

* more than twice the number of troops in NATO’s 28 member countries combined (3.9 million active troops in NATO)
* more than three times the number of troops in the world’s largest army (People’s Liberation Army of China with 2.3 million)
* more than five times the number of active duty military personnel currently serving in the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force combined (1.4 million)
* more than six times the size of India’s Armed Forces (1.3 million)
* more than seven times the size of North Korea’s Korean People’s Army (1.1 million)
* And, eight times the size of personnel in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (1 million)

Matthew49ers

I have the game for Xbox 360 and really enjoy playing it on Xbox Live, I prefer Hardcore Team Deathmatch because it's more realistic IMO and pretty much enjoy the game play.

poltergeisty

Interesting facts.

With more than eight million gamers on active duty in its first five days alone, Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not only the biggest entertainment launch in history grossing more than $550 million, but also significantly outnumbers the world’s top-five armed forces combined.

The world’s largest virtual army, Modern Warfare 2 has:

* more than twice the number of troops in NATO’s 28 member countries combined (3.9 million active troops in NATO)
* more than three times the number of troops in the world’s largest army (People’s Liberation Army of China with 2.3 million)
* more than five times the number of active duty military personnel currently serving in the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force combined (1.4 million)
* more than six times the size of India’s Armed Forces (1.3 million)
* more than seven times the size of North Korea’s Korean People’s Army (1.1 million)
* And, eight times the size of personnel in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (1 million)
So now I'm sure you can add 4 million more sales... Imagine all those happy kids around the tree. :lol:

I feel sorry for the people wanting this crap. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Night Vision Goggles - eBay (item 260528587165 end time Jan-01-10 17:18:01 PST)

Hard to tell, but it looks like a CCD camera and not even a light intensifier tube. Even if it was it be Gen I. The IR LEDS come standard with most NV, however the lens looks peculiar in that it resembles a CCD.

Betrter image. CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2 NIGHT VISION GOGGLES MINT - eBay (item 120510154741 end time Jan-23-10 13:52:43 PST)

Looks like the goggles use small LCDs. :lol: What crap!

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
So now I'm sure you can add 4 million more sales... Imagine all those happy kids around the tree. :lol:
4 million more n00b tubers :D
Although not as annoying as those Marathon, Lightweight, Commando knifers or them akimbo 1887s :lol:

clanusb

Premium Subscriber
i said it once ill say it again, Down with CoD MW2 untill they put back in Anti-Cheat and Dedicated Servers
i totally agree.

and remove the need for steam to play the damn thing even on single player. steam went down today around 430pm pst. guess what...30mins of no game play, no getting the game to launch even. because steam decided to update their servers during peak hours. i never liked steam to begin with all the way back when CSS was the hot thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.