What do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holmdt

The box states it it a GRE 410, the paper work states it is the 410 it will receive the same fraq. as my GRE HH 300 which is ANG. BUT when I turn it on it states welcome to 500 digital (something like that)
anyone else see this. The scanner came UPS on Friday. It works great. I was just wondering why the screen states it is a 500. Also should I read this forum about the 410, 500 or both?

zl2taw

post a picture of the scanner front, if indeed its a 500 you are a lucky person, someone made a mistake at the factory quality control

holmdt

So Do I get the cable and software for the 410 or the 500 It was sent from Scanner Master pre program. I have the cable and software for my 300 (BuTel). but was told the software would not work for the 410.
the cable is from RS. Would the cable work? for the 410 or 500. I love the radio I just want to add AIR.
and have a list is what is where. I like to turn off the Forest Service bank in the winter and turn on DOT bank and in the in the summer do the reverse.

Attachments

• DSC00353.jpg
    DSC00353.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 209

holmdt

the box shows the same photo as above the model on the back states 410. Seams like the only thing that states 500 is the screen when I turn it on.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
the box shows the same photo as above the model on the back states 410. Seams like the only thing that states 500 is the screen when I turn it on.

So...have you tried to enter a known dig system yet? Any talkgroups come up?
If so, you may have quite a rare oddity there!!
This has happened in past years with yaesu and drake companies before. :wink:

n9zas

K9WG

I will venture a wild guess. What you are seeing is the user defined greeting. I bet when the radio was tested at the factory they used a program to load frequencies into it via the PC/IF. It probably had the user defined greeting that is default for the PSR500 scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.