What do these terms mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
NJ specific so moved to its forum. Mathew, please remember to read Stickied posts advising you what to post where. Thanks.

RocketNJ

SPEN = Statewide Police Emergency Network, or as we call it, CB radio for Cops. All of the towns in NJ have SPEN bases to talk to each other and to State Police.

MIRS = Morris Interop Radio System = All the towns in Morris County have radios in their police, fire and EMS vehicles for interop on the County trunked system.

If the other one is GMRS that would be General Mobile Radio Service, or as we call it UHF CB. Non business band and non public safety useage.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Matt,

Let me also warn you that putting a live e-mail link AND your phone number in your message signature is a 100% sure way to attract attention you do not want!

SCPD

QRT
It's been solved and taken care of! I have nothing to hide so please stop with the "getting attention" stuff! Thanks

fineshot1

It's been solved and taken care of! I have nothing to hide so please stop with the "getting attention" stuff! Thanks

Matt - I think what Scott means is the extreme possibility of you being targeted by Spamers by posting that info in your signature, that's all he is trying to warn you about.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Matt - I think what Scott means is the extreme possibility of you being targeted by Spamers by posting that info in your signature, that's all he is trying to warn you about.

Thanks, fireshot. Sorry if I came over a little 'strict'. I spend a lot of my free time doing network & PC security for friends & family members, so I tend to 'father' people a little too much at times! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.