what do with the 800 mhz control channels on marcs-ip / gre500

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

i am no virgin to using win500 to program my gre psr500 scanner.

i am in the process of programming the new marcs-isp system into my scanner in place of old marcs.

i noticed some counties list some 800 mhz control channel ls in addition to 700 mhz.

what do i do with these? do i program them in as a separate system (and set the win500 software to designate these as a p25 800 mhz system) ?

i imagine i cant just list the 800mhz control channels alongside my 700 mhz control channels because the 'plan' /voice channels are different between the 2.

i usually program a given region control channels and set to 'roam' so if i leave the county i am in i can pick up the next county.....

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
You can program them together if that weren't true then they wouldnt mix the 2 together. These systems follow the P25 standard so band plans really don't apply anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fyrfyter33

what do with the 800 mhz control channels on marcs-isp / gre500

The MARCS system has both 700 & 800 MHz channels in it.

The only difference it has on the end user, is having an antenna suitable for both bands.

The frequencies go in the scanner together and it works fine. No worries about different frequencies bands in the same county/area/tower.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The band is actually 760-870 MHz, although most systems top out at 854, and most 800 antennas work well in this band. There are some antennas specifically for this band and this is what I use while mobile.

MARCS-IP started out using available 700 MHz. frequencies, then incorporated the 800 MHz. frequencies from local systems that switched over to MARCS-IP plus the ones from the old MARCS system as it's sites were taken down.

I do not program control channels from more than 1 site into the same system, the scanner will not work correctly. I have never seen it but a site with 700 & 800 frequencies as control channels would work just fine. They are close enough that is doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

grumpy_hermit

I do not program control channels from more than 1 site into the same system, the scanner will not work correctly.

Will you please elaborate on this? I have programmed a few Radio Shack Pro-106's with control channels from several sites and they "seem" to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.