What do you call the coaxial cable adapter that I need to connect this antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

didymus

antenna.jpg

Hello. I am trying to connect the antenna on the right to the device on the left. I know what I need in the sense that I could describe it, but I do not know what it's real name is so that I can find it and purchase it. I tried, and purchased these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09325CLVD/), but I must have not looked at them very well because when I got them it was obvious it wasn't going to work. I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing and that is kind of why I'm trying to become better familiar with it.

Would an adapter even be the best way to do this? Or should I use maybe a little length of cable with a ferrite bead? I could use an adapter and put a ferrite bead on the antenna's coax? I'm just not quite sure the optimal way to do this. I haven't taken enough physics. I really appreciate the assistance. Have a good day.

RFI-EMI-GUY

SMA Transgender changer? You will need a cable to mate the reverse SMA on the left. No ferrite bead necessary unless you have some problem ot vendor requires.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The connector on the Alpha box looks more like a reverse TNC than it does an SMA. SMA connector's pins are usually more suppressed.
I think he needs this adaptor, which is what comes up when you Google Search "Alfa Networks 1 adaptor".

Status
Not open for further replies.