What do you pick up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
What do you pick up on a normal everyday basis? and what are you useing todo so?

I live in central CT 20 mins south of Hartford and I recieve most everything from springfield, Ma all the way to FDNY with a BCT15 and a BC785D connected to a ST-2 and Radioshack Wideband antenna.

JacobInIndy

What do you pick up on a normal everyday basis? and what are you useing todo so?

I live in central CT 20 mins south of Hartford and I recieve most everything from springfield, Ma all the way to FDNY with a BCT15 and a BC785D connected to a ST-2 and Radioshack Wideband antenna.

On a normal everyday basis, I pick up everything from the Wendy's drive through down the street to the FBI and FPS.

I have a 785, 796, 996t, BC296Dand a BC250. 785 is on the telescoping stock ant. All others are on varying degrees of externals.

freqs

I as well have a big area to listen to .That from some of the local big 3 auto factory trunked systems / garbage trucks /cement mixers / taxi's / shopping malls / I even pick up the local Church on sunday on their cordless mics /and the local Police and fire EMS the security guards at the Hospital my wife works at and skip when it rolls in .....Radios I have are a pro 2006/pro 2067/pro96/pro106.pro57 and a uniden 350c,

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I mainly just monitor local law enforcement and Fire dispatch traffic in my county and law enforcement from all surrounding counties. I use two Uniden BC898 bases in my house and two Uniden BCT8s in my vehicles for monitoring traffic. I have a Ringo Ranger dual band base antenna hooked to my BCT7 to hear most state activity. I also use a RS Pro 106 and Pro 96 to monitor the digital traffic when I travel into counties that use it. Most activity hear locally is conventional analog and most agencies are not that busy. Hopefully when my county gets their WVIRP trunking site up and running, that will give me a little more to listen to.

73s

Chad

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
From here in Southern Ct. I can hear to the west, NJ State trunk system, everything under the sun from NYC, to the east I can hear Coast Guard Southeast New England in Cape Cod. To the north I monitor FBI in Springfield and up into Boston. And the Mil-Air I can hear exercises down into Whiskey 107-108 airspace.
I use a Diamond all band discone, two 8 element 800 mhz yagi's, and a Diamond X-500 vertical antenna.
I am 800 feet or so from Long Island Sound and my elevation is 129 feet above sea level.
On an every day basis I usually have 2 radios going. One to monitor just the local Fire and EMS (PD is encrypted), and the other to scan Mil-Air, Coast Guard, Federal, Buff radio from Ct & NYC, and the State Trunked systems here in Ct. among other things.
I use a Pro-106 and a BCD396XT and a Standard C558A ham radio among others.

Last edited:

whiskeytango

in the truck i have the pro 160 for the trunked sheriff/fire/ems dispatch. at home i got a yaesu vr 500 for the highway patrol and 150 mhz fire dispatch. just got an antenna for some hf stuff :)

jhnbollinger

At home I use a pro-2052 and a uniden bct8 with a radio shack discone mounted at 30 ft. I hear 6 counties plus st louis city .

CStarr59

I just listen to my local PD/FD and emergency crews in my county. I don't do too big of an area as I like to keep it simple, but still stay informed. My PSR-300/W-801 antenna combo gets the job done, again simple but effective.

jleverin

Basically my Pro96 replaced my Pro97 when my area went to the DTRS. I finally learned how to program the scanner and now I pick up scads of traffic from not only Pueblo but Colorado Springs and the outlying areas as well. I almost sold the thing, now I'm glad I didn't. I originally thought I'd need something more modern like the 106 but really I don't.. I listen to it almost all the time. I even take it to work with me in the car at night. I am a licensed ham operator so I origiallly thought, well it won't pick up digital so I'lll use it to monitor the repeaters. Well, lo and behold I WAS able to program it to pick up digital so now I have the FM ham repeaters in there and also the local cops, fire and EMS. It's a good little scanner,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.