• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What do you think of people that make promises then breaks them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio1114

What do you think of a guy that promises he will hold a scanner you want to buy from him, untill you sell your scanner.So then you sell your scanner. But when you go to buy his scanner within a day or two. He says he is going to trade someone else instead. But If you want he will get you one for $50.00 more than he offered to you. Now I have no scanner and his promise is gone up $50.00. These people that make promises and they break there word makes me sick.This was the reason I am getting out of the scanner hobby. His day will come. I bent back words to help this person out in many other ways also, then this is what I get.This is by no means flaming anyone there is no names mentioned. I would just like the opinions of what others would do.Thanks

joetnymedic

dude, 2 things

1. don't give up scanning because of what happened to you - just get another scanner- and not from him.

2. If a man doesn't have his word, he has nothing. (think about it and you'll figure it out - I live by it)

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
I'm with Joetnymedic here...don't quit the hobby because of one stupid person. There alot more honest, trustworthy sellers out there to buy from. You can always use this sites seller feedback forum to research people you are trying to buy from (if they were given feedback). Ebay is good too, just research the guys feedback, and decide if you want to buy.

If this guy pissed you off, let others know in the feedback forum, let other people know what you think about this dude.

PortCop

KCChiefs9690 said:
I'm with Joetnymedic here...don't quit the hobby because of one stupid person. There alot more honest, trustworthy sellers out there to buy from. You can always use this sites seller feedback forum to research people you are trying to buy from (if they were given feedback). Ebay is good too, just research the guys feedback, and decide if you want to buy.

If this guy pissed you off, let others know in the feedback forum, let other people know what you think about this dude.

Forget this buying from people thing, go with reputable retailers. ixnay on the ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.