What do your fire districts do on holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpd9720

I grew up at Okolona Fire Protection District here in Jefferson County... Now that I am all grown up (Body not mind!!) I am a member of the district, participating in the 'live-in' program where volunteers can live on department property for free.

Just curious, what do your fire districts (Or respective emergency services agency) do on holidays?

Coming up soon we will have a trick-or-treat (On Halloween) for community children to:

A: See the big fire trucks
B: Meet the firefighters
C: Trick-or-Treat in the safety of the fire house

Christmas is the big time though!

We have a seperate kid's Christmas party and a firefighter Christmas party. At the kid's Christmas party (Paid for by the voluntary contributions that we pay into the 'Fireman's Fund' every month) the firefighter's families are treated to THE Santa Clause giving out presents. My daughter freaked the heck out!! I took her up to sit in his lap, and before I could sit her down, she was screaming at the top of her lungs and holding onto my shoulder for dear life!!

The firefighter Christmas party is the main event though! Firefighter's children whom are over 14 I believe can come... The night starts out with a wonderful catered dinner. Then we have the awards session, where good deeds ranging from 110% on runs for the year, top 5 members on amount of runs for the year, top 5 members on amount of trainings for the year, to outstanding deeds such as 'Length of service', 'Life saving EMS' award, and 'Life saving Fire' award are rewarded (The last ones usually get a standing ovation). After all the awards are done, the party kicks off... The non-partiers usually go home, and the partiers are welcome to drink responsibly to their heart's content. There is a live D.J. providing entertainment and plenty of dancing. This is a party that we all look forward to, we usually have 1 or 2 fire districts covering ours (That is how we roll!) so that we can kick back and relax/party, and see our brotheren/sisteren.

So again, I ask, What do your fire districts do on holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.