what does ACARS look like at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

immelmen

Hello all,

I have a question/request for those who use there PCs to monitor ACARS messages. I use ACARS every day at work. Over the course of a 5 leg day I would guess at a minimum 50 or more messages are sent from my aircraft and half as many received.

ATIS requests and general weather requests, PDC's and free texts to the dispatchers about diversions and sports scores are some of the ones that produce text on my screen to read. However at least half of them are automatically sent by aircraft sensors and require no input from me and produce nothing on my screens such as: out/off on/in times, sys init, in range, FOQA, weight and balance, post flight report, ect.

I am curious what these different types of messages look like on the screens of those intercepting them at home. As I mentioned, to me they just appear on my screen as text like AOL Instant messenger or produce nothing at all, but I know there is more in that burst like addresses and such. So if some one wants to cut and paste some different examples of what they see and which type of messages they are I would be interested to see it.

Thanks

Last edited:

immelmen

thanks for the link. The UAL with the MEL/Generator failure has a bit of everything in it.

SCPD

QRT
canany one provide any info about flightware, i see listed under diff members does it copy milair or just commercial, are there any links in Wiki, or company info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.