What does everyone listen to around Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On one scanner local county fire, ems, forestry, the other scanner set up to 2meter, 70cm ham bands. Shortwave to listen to gulf, east coast and whatever I can tune in depending on conditions.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Northeast Miami Dade County Checking In

I monitor the VHF marine frequencies with an Icom M504 & Miami Dade Fire Rescue with a Vertex VX2500U, both radios are extremely busy, I am really into railscanning but there's not much to listen to down here except CSX/AMTRAK/Tri-Rail sharing one frequency & FEC on two other frequencies which are rarely used since they are cab signal equipped, I use a Uniden UBC9000XLT for monitoring Aventura Mall for GMRS/FRS activity & other local analog stuff.

ermin

Local city and Palm Beach County LEO & Fire Rescue, Amateur radio 2 meter and 70 cm repeaters.CERT repeaters in the county area.

Ermin

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I've seen your shack before in your R/R albums very nicely done. How do you like your Uniden external speaker? Looking to purchase one as well just don't know which one to purchase.

Thanks for the kind words on the shack. For the money, the BC20 is a good speaker. Nice clear audio with a built in noise blanker. If you don't need a amplified speaker, the 20 watts is more than enough for mobile / base scanners.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thanks for the kind words on the shack. For the money, the BC20 is a good speaker. Nice clear audio with a built in noise blanker. If you don't need a amplified speaker, the 20 watts is more than enough for mobile / base scanners.

Thank you for the recommendation on the BC20. How does the speaker do on Military air? I mostly listen to that and same with Federal don't really listen to my local Sheriff office or Fire/EMS.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the recommendation on the BC20. How does the speaker do on Military air? I mostly listen to that and same with Federal don't really listen to my local Sheriff office or Fire/EMS.

The speaker sounds good on Mil Air. I also spend a lot of my monitoring time listening to UHF Mil Air and VHF/UHF Federal comms. If you PM your email address, I will send you my list of Mil Air for NW FL if you would like.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Central Florida

I monitor Federal, Military then Public Safety and whatever else transmits here in Central Florida

That is a nice shack Signal500

When I'm there, just local stuff. It's usually pretty boring and it seems like voice radio isn't so widely used as it once was.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
The speaker sounds good on Mil Air. I also spend a lot of my monitoring time listening to UHF Mil Air and VHF/UHF Federal comms. If you PM your email address, I will send you my list of Mil Air for NW FL if you would like.

Sure that'll be fine with me I'll send my email address to you. Maybe you'll have frequencies that I don't have programmed in my scanner.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.