what does it mean when a cop says "communication"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

the cop says "communication 23" to the dispatcher and the dispatcher answers with multiple numbers. any ideas what it is? the 23 might be his car number or something...

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
It's possible. In my town, the cops will say "Comm car 85". So in your town, it's likely they are trying to contact the dispatcher (communication) and saying that he's car 23. Don't worry about it, they are just callsigns, they can be confusing. :)

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Must be one of those numbers stations. (;->) Yup, Bill is right but those numbers can be just about anything, ask a cop. Your description doesn't seem like one of the usual radio codes.

o5386

My guess is a comm center is dispatching for multiple towns. Where I live, the local pd handles the dispatching of calls for three towns on two seperate frequencies (All three towns can switch to the others primary frequency). All three towns patrol cars call the comm center by "control from " xx-yy where xx is the two digit code assigned to thier municipality and yy is the number assigned to their car. This tells dispatch the town and car that is calling (I guess in case 2 or 3 of the towns all have a car 01, 02, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.