What does M.S.D mean? KPT-TN area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a BCD396XT and I've been listing to my local police for about a year now... I've got a list made of each code and what it means but I can't figure out what M.S.D means.... They say it after they complete a call. Here's an example of how they use it

-officer: "I'll be 10-8 and I need my number and times for M.S.D."

-dispatch: Your number is 5502 and your times are 15:16 and 16:05

Does anyone know what M.S.D stands for?

jalexand69

MSD might mean multi-site dispatch or mobile security device. The times sound like the officer is asking for dispatch times, perhaps to put in the log or fill in a report. j c

Last edited:

Fenix

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering what MSD means also... they use it in the following context.

"Yea that call i was on earlier , I spoke with the property owner and I did a MSD on it."

West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
I've got a BCD396XT and I've been listing to my local police for about a year now... I've got a list made of each code and what it means but I can't figure out what M.S.D means.... They say it after they complete a call. Here's an example of how they use it

Does anyone know what M.S.D stands for?

It might be related to Miscellaneous Service Data (MSD) Reports.

From page 19 of document : http://police.kingsporttn.gov/files/police/2008_Annual_Report_.pdf

The Records Division is responsible for manual filing and entering data into the department’s computer system. This includes all incident reports, accident reports, arrest reports, traffic citations, field interviews, and city court management. The Records Division is responsible for the distribution and retention of all reports and citations utilized by the Kingsport Police Department. In 2008, Records Division processed 3,124 Collision Reports, which is a 6% reduction, 10,428 Criminal Incident Reports, which is a decrease of 34%, and 19,390 citations and warning citations, which is a 7% increase from 2007. In addition to the Collision and Incident Reports, 34,930 calls for service were documented on Miscellaneous Service Data (MSD) Reports and in the CAD System. This is an increase of 5% from 2007. Each of these are entered and/or audited by Records Division. The Records Division serves as a customer service point and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.