What does PnP mean on a police call? Nevada Mo Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnmsales

Im in the nevada mo area and there was a DL check that came through it came back with PnP 10-97 J1.

What does the PnP mean?

NBW791

You also may here "PAPIS" (paap-is) which stands for Probation and Parole Information System if I remember correctly. It just means the person has a PAPIS hit and a message must be sent to the ORI. When a person gets a PAPIS hit, the probation officer gets a message that the person was run (i.e. - KCMO PD ran the name, etc.) so then the agency who ran the subject must send a message response saying why they were ran and any circumstances.

When I was in dispatch, I always had the officer give me good information so the PO was informed. "Subject was stopped for speeding. Records check found to not have any active wants/warrants and a valid D/L. Released at scene. Polite & cooperative," and included the officer's name/badge #.

Or...."Subject fled from officers and was caught after a footchase. Subject found to have numerous outstanding warrants. Arrested and booked for fleeing & eluding and warrants. Uncooperative, rude, combative and resisted officers".

That always goes over well with their PO!!

-Nick-

fireman327

the 10-97 J1 if it means the same as in webster county is a caution indicator (10-97) and the J1 is known to be violent

emt603

Feed Provider
You'll here the dispatcher that is running the person on MULES say that that person has a P & P Hit, what that means is the computer is stating that the person is on Probabation or Parole and the computer is wanting to know why the individual is being stopped so they can relay that info back to his/her probation officer.

N0IU

OK, well here is another one I hear all the time...
The dispatcher puts out a call for, let's say a report of reckless driving in the Interstate, and tells the officer to C & I or CNI. I am pretty sure the I stands for investigate, but I can't seem to find out what the rest of it means.

Just curious!

wb0wao

OK, well here is another one I hear all the time...
The dispatcher puts out a call for, let's say a report of reckless driving in the Interstate, and tells the officer to C & I or CNI. I am pretty sure the I stands for investigate, but I can't seem to find out what the rest of it means.

Just curious!

I think that it means "check and investigate" - Cape Girardeau PD uses the term "Make Your Own Case" This pretty much means that the officer has to observe a violation in order to make the stop. They don't just locate the vehicle and make the stop based on the initial report.

Dennis

N0IU

Thanks Dennis! It should have been obvious but I had only had 2 cups of coffee and my brain wasn't fully awake yet!

Happy New Year!

mjthomas59

C and I (normally heard pronounced CNI) stands for careless and imprudent driving. Never heard the "check and investigate".

Also, as far as "make your own case" is concerned, when this is broadcast it means that while traffic violations may have been reported by civilians, no law enforcement officer has "made a case" i.e. found probable cause to stop the vehicle or has even observed the vehicle at all.

Hope that helps.

wb0wao

LOL it does to me too. I have never heard "CNI" used before. When I was in LE (wayyyy back in the day), dispatch would use "Possible 10-46" and then the location. 10-46 was the code used for DUI / Careless / Reckless driving then.

Dennis

Deputy Sheriff
Miami County, KS
1978-1981
39.64 MHz KAC332

medic5825

Premium Subscriber
CNI

Hey guys... Just to clear up the CNI thing... You had some good guesses! But it actually stands for Criminal Name Index, which is a tab option in the CPIC which is the "10-29". The CNI just checks your name against the criminal records for "possible" matches. :)

scannerowner

I've always heard it as Careless and Imprudent. It depends on the context though. Most officers are sent to find a report of a "C&I" driver. Most dispatchers say it fast enough that the and is said like "C 'n I" driver. I know for a fact because I called the MSHP once to report a guy all over the road and attempting to pass in the median, and heard on the scanner a "motorist called to report a C&I driver on XX Highway."

medic5825

Premium Subscriber
CNI

Fair enough... In canada if we run a Dl it gets checked (10-29) in the CPIC (canadian police information center) then the name on the DL is cross referenced in the database by name instead of the DL number. As for C&I I've never heard it here :)

iamhere300

Hey guys... Just to clear up the CNI thing... You had some good guesses! But it actually stands for Criminal Name Index, which is a tab option in the CPIC which is the "10-29". The CNI just checks your name against the criminal records for "possible" matches. :)

In the state of Missouri, where this thread is refering to, C&I or CNI refers as stated to Careless and Imprudent driving, RSMO 304.012. 4 point ticket, unless written at a wreck, then it is a 6 point ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.