What does PnP mean on a police call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnmsales

Just heard the dispatcher who ran the persons DL come back that they had PnP and 10-97 J1. I know what the 10-97 j1 is but what is the PnP?

Many thanks.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
cnmsales said:
Just heard the dispatcher who ran the persons DL come back that they had PnP and 10-97 J1. I know what the 10-97 j1 is but what is the PnP?

Many thanks.

Might get more answers if you post this question in the appropriate state forum...
New Posters: If you have a questions about communications for a specific area please post your question in the appropriate state forum! IE: If you have a question about what a 10 code means in Las Vegas then post the question in the Nevada forum! Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

trace1

"PnP"?

Don't know, but I'll take a guess and say "Past" and "Priors" as in past criminal history (if any) and prior arrest (if any)...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
In this part of the US it means nothing...
Again, this is why it is important to post threads in the appropriate forum :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

nexus

Hey Marshall, where is that picture of you taken on qrz? that almost looks like a broadcast microphone.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
nexus said:
Hey Marshall, where is that picture of you taken on qrz? that almost looks like a broadcast microphone.

Old AM radio station I was a dj for...WBZB 1090AM...we actually got featured on CNN for being one of the only stations in the US with an all local artist format...it was a good idea in theory but the owner only had so much capital to work with so he sold it when funds ran low and it is now an ESPN all sports affilate....lotta fun to work there though, not the usual radio station politics :cool: I also worked for MetroNetworks/Westwood One for about 4 years...

PStuart

Additionally, PnP occasionally stands for "Policy and Procedures". Which usually holds/sets agencies guidelines on departmental policies and procedures :)

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth (though highly irrelevant to this discussion), also PNP transistor - positive collector, negative base, positive emitter. Or as I was taught in order to remember in schematics, Pointing iN Pointer. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.