What does the Police Code ADP stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon48

I've heard this clearly and am reasonably sure that spoken term is not APB. Often, I'll hear a dispatcher give a location, followed by something like, "Treat this with ADP sensitivity."

What does this term stand for?

dragon48

Is it possible they are saying EDP ? That would be Emotionally Disturbed Person.

Makes sense, especially given the context. I just said both EDP and ADP out loud, and with my New York City, lack of caring about pronunciation accent, (shared with the dispatcher) they sound almost the same. :) I'll try and verify this, the next time I hear the term over the air.

Last edited:

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
Its proberaly "apb" equals an "all points bulletin" in police jargon and used when they are searching for someone.
The apb goes out to neighboring departs and is for informational purposes.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
In California the term ATD means Aerosol Transmissible Disease. I'll give you one guess as to what that is. Fire and EMS responses here include the phrase "Meets ATD criteria." By the way, the term is not new. It would apply to other diseases like TB.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
ADP. Advanced digital privacy. Encryption.

Our one agency back in hay day used ADP and would term that to those with older mts radios "treat this as ADP sensitive, or secure sensitive, or treat as 1077".

It was a temporary thing until all subscribers were outfitted to aes. It worked as a simple scanner buster and dont ask why the god at be at time wanted ADP over aes. Once he was gone the rest of us had aes thrown in and their mts fleet turned in and handed out xts wity aes strapped on that 1077 channel.

Least that is what the field end referred to it as after the course of your radio terms got thrown to their meanings.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think any abbreviation could mean several things depending on where you are. Also depending on where you are, something could be completely different elsewhere.

Around these parts, a person in crisis is referred to as "CIT" (Crisis Intervention Training is how it started).

JoeyC

It could be this, it could be that. Identify the agency using the terminology and then ask someone familiar with it. Its obviously a local/regional term that is not universal.

russbrill

I've heard this clearly and am reasonably sure that spoken term is not APB. Often, I'll hear a dispatcher give a location, followed by something like, "Treat this with ADP sensitivity."

What does this term stand for?

Another Dump Person :) … I don't know, but I couldn't resist being a wise guy...

dragon48

I have an idea. Could someone call their local Police Department, non-emergency line, and ask them what ADP stands for? Just a thought. Greg

Under normal circumstances this would be a good idea, but given the Pandemic, it would be an irresponsible waste of the operator's resources.

At this point, I'm beginning to lean to "EDP," as in Emotionally Distressed Person. Will not be listening in for a week or so, but will confirm (or deny) when I next hear the term.

Reactions: wtp

a417

U+0000
I have an idea. Could someone call their local Police Department, non-emergency line, and ask them what ADP stands for? Just a thought. Greg
Make sure you tell them you will post this information on the internet , as well.

that's how Ø happens.

sfd119

How about don't. "Hi I'm an avid scanner listener wondering what your terms you are using are". Don't waste a dispatcher's time.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

For reasons already mentioned.... That's a very bad idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.