What does this mean for us that listen

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishman75

Premium Subscriber
The City of Baltimore has begun a mandatory frequency reprogramming of the 800MHz radio system. Beginning April 20, there will be technicians from Brown's Communications visiting each station to reprogram equipment in the watch desk.

Beginning April 27 technicians from Teltronics will begin reprogramming equipment on the apparatus. Further directions will be given as apparatus is scheduled

Will we have to reprogram our scanners

DELCOLHFC

Sounds like rebanding may be comming to Baltimore, the change should put all the frequencies down 15MHz from their current position. You could setup a new sysytem using the current TG's and keep both the old and new turned on and the transition should be seamless. Label the new system as such so when it startsshowing up you can share the info here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If rebanding is indeed coming to Baltimore city, it's time to insure that your firmware is properly updated, and also time to check your programming software to see that it's set up to handle it.

73 Mike

SkyPager

Although the post is about Baltimore City----

I have been hearing about this at work for the past month. As far as I can determine and all that as been communicated to me from AACo and Baltimore County is that they appear to be moving the 5 - 866 MHz interop channels down 15 MHz. The below came from Balt Co last week.

------- paste -----------
No system frequencies are changing for the Baltimore County public safety system for rebanding. We have four channels in the Expansion Band that were eligible to change but we elected to not change them.
There were changes to the Public Works system frequencies around a year ago. Those frequencies would be reflected in our license data.
Channels are being added for our Project 25 upgrade but they are not finalized yet.
All of our neighboring counties are changing frequencies and we will be reprogramming our fleet for interoperating on those frequencies.

---------- end ----------

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessin' so, Mike. My agency is making the 8CALL change to the radios in their mobile battle wagon in a couple of days. I would have known sooner but my contact was confused on exactly which _TAC or _CALL set was the issue... I'll be updating and re-uploading .p96 and other files accordingly...dammit....

Status
Not open for further replies.